Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 Escape has an issue with the L/Side wiper. When in use right at the eyesight level rain or snow. The blade skips the window. Is it another design flaw with windshield (see post about windshield crack). I replaced blades alot over the years and the wiper arm twice same problem. Local dealer can't figure it out and keep brushing me off (like the cracked windshield issue). I checked the VIN plate and car was built during the middle of the week. So it's not one of those Monday or Friday I don't give a darn built specials. Anybody here having the same problem?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Wiper arm, or blade holder?

Have you tried differing brands? I have an 08 Tribute. I think they all use the same glass for all years. We have no skipping problems. Maybe like you said, it's the glass they put into your car? :( :confused: :shrug:

See how it wipes after replaceing the windshield. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Try twisting the wiper arm. Looking at the arm with the blade towards you and the base of the arm away from you, twist it clockwise if the blade chatters on the way down, counterclockwise if the blade chatters on the way up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts