Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:violin:

JP, could you look through the logs and see if the board software is somehow keeping me from using cookies? I'm using a fresh install of Dillo, which I think uses a proprietary engine. I have cookies enabled and they work on other sites, but every time I log in I get assigned an SID in the URL, and I get logged out when I close the browser.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
That reminds me.....Girl Scout Cookies are on sale......Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
My neice is selling those!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Love Girl Scout cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :topic:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy said:
:violin:

JP, could you look through the logs and see if the board software is somehow keeping me from using cookies? I'm using a fresh install of Dillo, which I think uses a proprietary engine. I have cookies enabled and they work on other sites, but every time I log in I get assigned an SID in the URL, and I get logged out when I close the browser.
I'm PMing you with the errors from the error log that I found with this IP address. If you've been using a different IP, let me know, and I'll look those up.

If your e-mail can take it, I can e-mail you the (currently) 7.5MB error log file.

:D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I say e-mail it to him and crash his e-mail :)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that. It's weird that the errors seem to be from the avatar folder (and what's with the ***-backwards slashes?)...I don't even use a board-provided avatar. I'm thinking what's happening is that my user-agent header isn't being recognized and it's treating my browser as not being able to handle cookies.

Oh well, I think the old laptop is finally being retired. The motherboard seems to have a short somewhere that intermittently keeps it from booting up. I have a new machine in mind that'll be a 90 MHz Pentium but with 256 MB of RAM. I'll save the laptop in a closet to show the grandkids. :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Squishy said:
I'm thinking what's happening is that my user-agent header isn't being recognized and it's treating my browser as not being able to handle cookies.
Now I know that this is exactly the problem. I switched to Galeon from Firefox, and the site stopped giving me cookies again. I modified Galeon's config file to give out a null user-agent header, and I got my cookies back. :taz:

Scooter Scott said:
I say e-mail it to him and crash his e-mail :)
HEY! I just saw this. I kill you. :mad:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Good......cause if Squishy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! :worry:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts