Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have searched but failed to find an answer. This past weekend I was cleaning the garage and left the radio on. Well yep, I ran the battery dead.
When I tried to jump it I got power back to everything but it would not turnover. Wouldn't even attempt to start. I also tried to use my remote
starter and got 2 honks from the horn and no start. It normally honks once and starts. Any ideas. It is a 2005. The remote lock and unlock still
work perfectly.

Thanks
Erich

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sounds like you may triggered an anti theft? Do you have power to everything else? Have you checked the voltage at the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.
I do have power to everything else. Checking the voltage on the battery everything looked normal. Low but normal. We are trying a new battery tonight, my wife likes to give suggestions :). The anti theft did cross my mind but I have no idea how to reset it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE.

We put in a new battery. NO change. Did some more internet searching and found this:
Be sure Battery is fully charged.
Disconnect Positive Battery Cable.
Open Driver Door & Leave Open.
Turn Ignition Switch to On (run) position & leave On
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable.
Horn may sound for a few seconds.
Start vehicle.

Figuring I had nothing to loose I tried it. IT WORKED! The horn beeped once, I got in and it
fired right up. Not exactly sure what was wrong but this fixed it. My best guess is that
it reset the anti theft system.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
MNkid said:
<snip> Not exactly sure what was wrong but this fixed it. My best guess is that
it reset the anti theft system.
That would be my guess. Glad you got it fixed :thumb: And thanks for posting the solution :peace:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts