81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Escape !
Got the Divorce !
Got a haircut !
--- all in the same day. LOL

Things of note so far -
MPG
Computer says 24.9 mpg, first fill up says 26.57. 109 hwy miles outta 310. Either number I think is pretty respectable and I'm happy with it.

First mess -
Against better judgement on a trip home from NYC, allowed food in the car, ketchup on the back seat. Used Resolve, looks pretty good short of a whitish/yellowish area. Any suggestions for future issues? (beyond NOT letting them eat in the car. lol

Door trim -
I seem to sometimes hit the door trim with my fett by the rubber molding on the driver side door by the feet and the plastic tan trip is coming away. Something for the dealer to look at? Or is there a good way to fasten that myself.

Shifting -
For the most part is very smooth, though once in awhile when coming from a full stop it revs between 1 > 2 and 2 > 3. I think that is because I REALLY babied this thing and it was learning my shift pattern from the babying.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Push on the gas a little more firmly, stop sweating the MPG, it'll do fine. My wife runs the weewee out of hers and it has no issues shifting. That and the MPG seems to be unfazed and rock solid at 24 MPG around town. ;) It does get over 30 MPG on the open road... :cigar:

I still have the Tribute, :yes:
I still have the wife, :shock:
I still get haircuts, too! :clap:

:angel:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think the occasional whine was how I drove it. I'm not sweating the MPG, just curious and I'm very happy w/ the numbers w/o it even being broken in.

LOL, congrats on the keeping the wife, more power to those that can work it out.
Grateful I can still get haircuts, thinning but still plenty there ! :)P

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
VERY nice! I love the steel blue and those are some very interesting rocker panels. I haven't seen any like that but I really think they look great!! :thumb:

Congrats to you! :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Glad it's all working out for ya!!

Congrats!!
:party: :wave: :taz: :wave: :party:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'm not 100% on this but I think if you disconnect your battery for a little while, it will forget your shift patterns then you can just drive it normally and it will be fine. Congrats on everything going your way!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the shifting is a more a matter of me driving it like a little old man at first and then gradually "shifting" back to my old habits. LOL

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The Escape looks good :thumb: Glad you are happy :)

About the shifting... My mechanic says Fords take a good 1000 miles plus to learn your driving habits and during that 1000 miles it will change settings until it finds the one that suits your driving style the best. These changes can make for some odd things happening during those 1000 or so miles. When I asked if I should reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, they all said "NO!!!" That it would just start process all over again. If there were still issues after 1500-2000 miles they would look for other issues...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
About the ketchup... I use Blue Coral Heavy Foam carpet cleaner. Takes it out. I used it on my '63 Buick before I re dyed the carpet. Works great.

Still got a Flat top
Still got the wife
Still have my 'Scape and 'Cat.
Just got the Yorkie back..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts