Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i purchased our first house!! im paying a home inspector to go through it next week, and depending on his report i will decide to take it. all the other conditions have been met!!

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
:yahoo: Congrats on the new house Crashnburn! Welcome to a life time of mortgage payments. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
What he said ^^^. :yahoo:

I wouldn't give up mine for almost anything... :yes:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jonas1022 said:
What he said ^^^. :yahoo:

I wouldn't give up mine for almost anything... :yes:
Me either! I have owned 9 houses and finally got the one that's just right. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
9????????????

That's a couple, isn't it?

I have owned just the one we have now. I inherited one when my mother passed, but I had to sell in order to pay some of the bills and divide up the estate. It wasn't my choice of a home, or my wifes'. We had another, but it was on the In-laws property. The m-i-l sold the property, and that just happened to include the house we lived in and dumped a bunch of money into. DUH! Nobody is getting this place, well maybe over their dead body...

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
9 over a lifetime isn't so many. With job transfers and a growing family it's not that unusual. Three were investment properties, so actually only lived in 6. Started with 1500 sq ft. Eventually the last house was 4500 sq ft on 3 acres. Way too much work. Back to 1500 sq. ft. with a big garage...Happy at last. :yes:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
1500 sq feet is good!

We had that in the house on the m-i-l property. When we bought this house it seems to be just right. Maybe a couple hundred too many squares, but the price was that of a 1700 sq foot house...It's all good! :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
:heart: Home, sweet home!! :heart:

Congrats on being a home-owner! :wave: :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Congrats!!! Good luck with the inspection. I hope it doesn't turn up too many surprises. I'm hopefully buying soon too. Can't wait for those mortgage and property tax payments :) (not really...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
congrats :party:

There are only two things that can get me to give up my place

(1500 sq ft. / oversize two car garage (oops) 1 car 1 escape on 1.25 acres :yahoo: )

thats win lottery and get house on lake :D

or six of my friends carrying my pine box

They are a wee bit of work but worth every bit of it

again CONGRATS :wave:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha. i dont ever plan on paying this one off. being in the military, i expect to get posted in the next 2-3 years. but i dont plan on losing any money lol. with the price of rent the way it is here, for a bit over 300/month more then im paying now i will have a 1500sq/f house with a huge yard and the neighbors can hardly see my yard. i will post some pics in a bit. i have a 998sq/f rental thats attached to another house, and a shared front and back yard. with 2+1 bedrooms and one bathroom and a leaky basement. My house is a full 3 rooms with 2 bathrooms, main floor laundry, big eat in kitchen hardwood all over the place :shades: .

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Nice pics!! Congrats again!

When's the housewarming party? :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hey, congrats on the house purchase, it,s the first big step on the long road of life !!!!
Won't be long before you get a holiday home too then!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Nice Pics. :) Love your floors !! :yes: I have hunter green counter tops too !! :thumb:

Enjoy your new home !! :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
escape08xlt said:
I have hunter green counter tops too !! :thumb:
What a coincidinky.........me too!! :)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Congratulations on your new home!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just celebrated 14 years of townhouse ownership... took possession of my 2-bedroom, 110 sq. metre (1,180 sq. ft.) place in a 15-unit strata on 1st June 1994.

Paid $235,000 for the place then, as it is located on the steep south slope across the water from the downtown peninsula with great views of the ocean (False Creek), towers, and the north shore mountains; it's about a 25-minute walk to my office on the south (closest) side of the downtown.

Place is a bit small now for our family of four, but a full 1.7-metre high crawl space below the ground floor provides lots of storage space and we've managed to maintain a lean existence (good aspect - you don't accumulate a bunch of stuff you really don't need/use). Two side-by-side parking spots in the parkade with a storage locker for items we use outside and it's survivable for now.

Best aspect -- sky-rocketing house prices in Vancouver now has our place valued at over $700,000 and the view is spectacular. We rarely drive our vehicle(s) on the weekend, parking the Escape Hybrid Friday after work and not starting it up again until Monday morning as everything we need is within walking distance.

:yahoo:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts