Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled into my driveway last night and heard a huge PPPSSSSSSHHHTTTT! I thought a hose blew off my engine. When I got out of my car I heard the noise coming from the back end. It was my three month old Yokohama Avid Envigor 18" with 3,000 miles. There was a utility blade stuck in the tread right near the side wall. I was really upset as you can imagine. So $200.00 later I have my stock 16's on again untill Town Fair Tire gets my tire in stock :cry: :cry: :cry: .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rim is fine, thank god. They aren't exactly easy to come by. What a difference driving on the fluffy 16's vs the 18's.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
That sucks. I bought the tire insurance on my Generals but it was from Tire Rack so I have to do the same thing, mail order replacements if I need them. I'm glad the rim is ok.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah only problem is that they gave me such a good deal on the tires that they wouldnt sell me a road hazzard warranty. I paid $138pr tire. When they retail them for $213ea. They matched a internet price I had. The cool thing is I got a call today from the guy saying the tire would most likely be in there store tomorrow afternoon and they will match the price they sold them at before! $138.00! So with balancing around $150.00.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Man, people and tires. I should install heavy duty magnets in the front of my car to pick up any random metal object that might stab a tire.... :lol:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Tang said:
Man, people and tires. I should install heavy duty magnets in the front of my car to pick up any random metal object that might stab a tire.... :lol:
Two problems there Tang.1/You will still get all the non-ferous metals and 2/Your alternator cannot support the magnet you have in mind.
There is a better and cheaper way but I don't dare to mention it fearing all the feminist uproar it will create. :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Definitely a rotten sound (but very, very far from the "Worst Sound Ever!"). Sorry to hear it happened. Seems like a quick fix. Hope it goes smooth...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I did manage to find the most annoying sound ever......

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
SUVord said:
Tang said:
Two problems there Tang.1/You will still get all the non-ferous metals and 2/Your alternator cannot support the magnet you have in mind.
There is a better and cheaper way but I don't dare to mention it fearing all the feminist uproar it will create. :beer:
Chicken! :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well at the end of today I got my tire mounted on my wheel and its sitting in my shed with my other wheels, waiting to be installed. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts