Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the stock 6-cd changer w/ aux and sat...but no sirius module. if anyone has the module and/or the wiring harness and antennae that they wont to get rid of let me know. or if someone has taken their stock navigation unit out and want to get rid of it...let me know. i have an 08 escape.

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'm looking into swapping the CD6 in our 2008 Fusion with a factory Ford nav unit myself. If I have time next weekend, I may try to remove my Edge's nav unit (which also has Sirius) and install it in our Fusion.

Our Fusion has Sync and the voice command mirror, so that will also tell me if I can add voice commands by changing my Edge's mirror and right-side steering wheel buttons, and if I can add Sirius to the Fusion.

If I get this done, I'll let you know.

I can tell you that if the 16-pin connector on the back of your factory HU has the following four wires, you should be wired to plug in the factory Sirius module:
Violet with Brown stripe (pin 9)
Yellow with Blue stripe (pin 10)
Green with Orange stripe (pin 1)
Blue with Brown stripe (pin 2)

Here's the pinout of that connector (C240B): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=589

HTH!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me know how that goes...and if u want to get rid of your sirius or the nav unit. if not take some picts for when i go to change mine so i dont fry my escape.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Will do.

Oh, and here's a quick diagram of the modules in an '08 Escape:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts