Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to sell my x-cal3, it comes with the 87 octane, 91 octane, and 93 octane tunes. New x-cal3's retail for $479.00. FOR SALE FOR ONLY $200 :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me repeat, only $200.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
WTH is wrong with you people? lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
you still have this? will this only work on an 02 or will this work on my '08? my '08 has the 2.3L 4 banger. and how much would it help it? and do i have to have any other mods to go along w/ it?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Both of you guys will have to have Torrie send you some new tunes for it. I think he will do this for $50. Regardless this is still a steal for anyone that is wanting an Xcal! $250 after new tunes for a tuner that is barely 6 months old give or take as opposed to one that is $400. It's a steal!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scooter Scott said:
Both of you guys will have to have Torrie send you some new tunes for it. I think he will do this for $50. Regardless this is still a steal for anyone that is wanting an Xcal! $250 after new tunes for a tuner that is barely 6 months old give or take as opposed to one that is $400. It's a steal!
Yeahh what he said, lol.

Re: X-cal3 for sale
by tmcphail on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 am

As long as it's set back to stock this will work right now with PCM codes XHJ0 XHJ1 XHJ2 with the files I loaded it with plus all of the pre programmed ones.
If your PCM code is the same as those above, it'll work without needing to get new tunes. Even if you do need to acquire new tunes, you're still saving $150. :yes:

·
Registered
611 Posts
propellerhead said:
How do I find out the PCM code? There was a sticker on the door of my Mustang. I didn't find one on the Escape.
Open the hood. In the center of the firewall, there should be a (what looks like) small box with a connector on it. That's the PCM connector. There should be a sticker on top of that.

·
Registered
30 Posts

The small box to the left of the three things looks like this on top.

Is my PCM code on there somewhere? Do I need to look further down the firewall?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Damn that's a clean engine!! lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
propellerhead said:
Is my PCM code on there somewhere? Do I need to look further down the firewall?

Thanks.
Look around for one that looks like either XHJ0, XHJ1 or XHJ2.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
propellerhead said:
lilshimy36 said:
Look around for one that looks like either XHJ0, XHJ1 or XHJ2.
I still can't find it. How big is the box? What shape? I have an Xcal 2 for my Mustang. Will that help?
Ehh honestly I'm not the person to ask, I simply sent Torrie my VIN# and he got it from that. It's gotta be in there somewhere lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any luck?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
These enquiries, are in context of that X-cal3 tuning device. Would the software ,have to be sourced from a ford dealer?, or can it be downloaded from the net? ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts