Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first week of driving and hand calculated I got 10.6L/100km in mixed driving - that's about 22.5mpg for you south of the border...Not too shabby for a V6 AWD in a lot of stop and go and city driving - only about 1/4 of it was on the highway at actual highway speeds. I didn't drive it like I stole it, but I didn't feather it either. I'm impressed! It's almost identical to my old 2.0L AWD CRV (1999) and 5mpg better than my Odyssey - which averaged about 17mpg overall as long as I didn't drive it too hard.

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is for comparison. I should add it might be "bragging" but I am only attempting to share information. The photos were taken May 1, 2010 on my way home from the closest E85 pump. I splashed blended an "approximately" E20 (20% ethanol) blend with 1.7 gallons of E85 added to the existing 13 gallons of E10.
Photos of the drive home:

Mileage report via the Ford dash after 27.7 miles of driving:

I do not work for the ethanol business.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting stuff - I like how the "Flex Fuel" badge on the 2010s is proudly displayed on Canadian models. To my knowledge there is only one E85 pump in the whole country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.