Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement rear blade on the new gen 2008+ Mercury Mariner (I'm assuming the Escape is the same situation too).

It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Blade' available online snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

:yahoo:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks for the info! When I had mine in the shop a few weeks back for the dash noise, it was also time for oil change, so I just had them throw the rear blade on too, didn't ask the price. but the invoice shows $12.95 installed. Not bad, since amazon's price for the blade is $10.26 (+$5.11 sh if you don't qualify for free).

So what's the secret to getting the old one off? I looked at it for a few min before I gave up, would matter anyway as I never found a 10" blade in a store.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just changed mine this weekend. Ironically I was looking for my wifes Honda Odyssey rear wiper, but they didn't have it. Looked up mine and Viola! Sorry, but can't remember the name, but it was in Pep Boys, and was model 12-2 I think. Definietely 12 and they definitely have one, I just can't recall now.

Just pull the wiper into the window and it will pop. Pull oa slight degree too, it doesn't sit straigh in either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.