Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we are still recovering from the recent bad weather, with more snow forecast, here is a snippet from our local newspaper, just what are they thinking at the Town Hall ???

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 4957592.jp

Indeed the roads around here are sheet ice, and have been all week, one unfortunate incident is documented below, the road is the next one down from our house, and we know the lady involved, but she was having to walk on the road, as it was a little less icy than the pavements, but the car skidded into her............

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 4957750.jp

Hope the local councillors are suitably ashamed of themselves.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
MAN THAT IS SOME BAD WEATHER. I hope it clears up soon for you folks Good Luck

·
Registered
297 Posts
lol we didnt get our rubbish collected this week due to the weather - maybe they were our re-planting the rosebeds....

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Unbelievable !

Have you heard anything more about the elderly woman who was critically injured? :(
I hope that she will be okay.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colleen said:
Unbelievable !

Have you heard anything more about the elderly woman who was critically injured? :(
The Police had the road sealed off for most of the weekend, they are treating the accident as a possible fatality, as she has little chance of survival, but she is still in intensive care as of this evening

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JIMMYJOHN said:
MAN THAT IS SOME BAD WEATHER. I hope it clears up soon for you folks Good Luck
Well, its snowing now outside, we've had about 5 inches in the last couple of hours, but it's fallen on to the previous snow, and ice, so tomorrow will be fun at work, looks like I'll be 12 ton sledging again!!!! :angel:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Colleen said:
Unbelievable !

The Police had the road sealed off for most of the weekend, they are treating the accident as a possible fatality, as she has little chance of survival, but she is still in intensive care as of this evening
Oh my.... :(

I'm sure that you and your wife are upset over this.

I sure hope that she pulls through.

Please keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts