Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a thread posting streak today.

So my Escape suffered its second major injury today and this time I really have no idea whether I or someone else caused it. I noticed it this afternoon, but I haven't walked past the back of my car in two or three days. I can only imagine that it was probably a low-speed, parking-related scrape since there is no indent bumper damage. Anyhow, here are some before and after photos of the scars:

Before

After (I know it's a sloppy touch-up paint job)

Oh, the joys of living on a college campus. Cannot wait to graduate... (only seven weeks until graduation!)

Does your car have any battle scars? This thread is possibly motivated by a member's recent meet-up with a cow. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Good idea! I was thinking about starting a post like this as well. Do I have some pictures... I'll post them up later.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Knock on wood, none with the past four cars.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
The only battle scar I've got is a small crack on the right side of the WindShield caused when someone passed me on the Interstate and threw a rock at me. :taz:

·
Registered
420 Posts
i wish i had a pic but dont... the right front wheel trim moulding came up missing a week after i bought the escape... i think an automatic car wash or snow drift broke it....anyway it cost $132 for the part and $40 to paint, and a case of beer to get installed. i bought a factory part but apparently the bumper cover had been replace b4 i got it and it was an aftermarket cover so the holes that the trim go into didnt line up. guy who installed said if i would have came to him first, he couldve gotten the part for under $20 and painted and installed for another $75.. :wall: so much for going to the dealer for parts. :doh:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nothing on this vehicle yet, but when I turned in my Focus at the end of a 4 year lease, I was a little surprised that all these little scratches and scars constituted about $500 worth of damage. Luckily I had taken extra protection at the start of the lease.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Here's a little swipe a 16 year old inflicted on my Escape while I was at the gym. At my friends apartment complex, this girl shot across the parking lot in her new friends car, paused briefly to crack my headlight and scratch-and-dent my bumper on the way by then plowed into the stucco of my friends apartment building. Everything is good now, hopefully her friend will not let her drive the new car anymore :lol:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
None yet... then again my wife doesn't drive it.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Ajax said:
Here's a little swipe a 16 year old inflicted on my Escape while I was at the gym. At my friends apartment complex, this girl shot across the parking lot in her new friends car, paused briefly to crack my headlight and scratch-and-dent my bumper on the way by then plowed into the stucco of my friends apartment building.
I remember when you first posted that boo boo. It sounded like something that would happen in a sit-com. :doh:

...hopefully her friend will not let her drive the new car anymore :lol:
Hopefully no one will. Anyone that crashes into a building like that should have their licence revoked. :box:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if they're still friends. :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
This happened when the moving company came to bring me my stuff when I moved from Alaska to Mississippi. My truck was the only vehicle parked in front of my apartment complex, and I told the movers that I was going to move my truck so they could park closer to the building. I get in my truck and back up maybe 3 feet and the SOB had started to back the moving truck up. Fortunately the moving company paid for the damage, and it go fixed mediocrely, but you can't tell for the most part.

and only photo I have of the rear of the truck after it has been fixed

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff M, I must ask, what part of Alaska are you from? I have a close friend who hails from Fairbanks and Tok.

·
Registered
293 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
Jeff it looks like the body shop did a great job. Good luck :shades:
They did alright. Some things if I had done it would have been done differently. They replaced the quarter panel, and when they painted it they didn't get all the nooks and crannys. I have light surface rust starting inside the gas door where it look like paint couldn't get too. I'll be taking it to them soon, to see if they will fix it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I will try to post some pics. of my rims tomorrow. They got all scratched up when I got stuck in the mud. But I bought new ones today I should get them by Friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts