Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would ask what you all have done this year that you are proud of.
For me, I got a great promotion at work. Nice pay raise, a lot of extra hours and travel. But still great.
I started a diet and so far lost 45 pounds. Sleeping good after my surgery a few months ago.
Going to Niagara Falls next week for our 25th anniversary.
Kids doing great. Wife is fantastic.
Who can complain?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I really like this idea weebee and congrats on your promotion and personal physical achievements. What do you do for your job and where do you get to travel?

As for me...

Graduated in May from Indiana State University with a B.S. in Automation and Control Engineering Technology and a 3.6 GPA
Finally landed a job in August in the tough market as a Tooling/Process Engineer for Delta Faucet Co. in Jackson, TN. Had to move 400 miles, but worth it.
Got engaged to the most wonderful girl in September. Set a wedding date for May 22, 2010.
-Subnote: Not my achievement, but my Fiance landed a job here with Walgreen's as a pharmacist after we get married.

Overall, I do have to say this has been a great year for Amy and I, and I have a lot of people to thank, but mostly the man upstairs!

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a shift maintenance manager for one of the largest co-packers of sauces and dips in the USA. I'm now on a corporate level so I travel to our sister plants in New Jersey and Fresno CA. I also travel to different states looking at new and used equipment to buy for our locations.
Congrats on graduating, your job, and your girlfriend. Sounds like you have a lot going on as well.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
All I've done this past year since I can't work is my Volunteer work: I do events for CERT, Sheriff's Comm Posie, ARIES,
Mont. DES, Mont. FW&P, Benefis Hospital, And the Great Falls Amature Radio Club. That leaves me time to go have coffee with the guys and Be with my Darling WIFE of 42 Years :shades: Thank You Lord and God Bless You All.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats on your achievements, guys!! Weebee, losing 45 lbs. is awesome!! And I'm glad u got that promotion!!
ISU01XCapeXLT, congrats on your graduation and engagement!
And dear JJ, you are an awesome man to volunteer and 42 years of marriage...wow!!!

I guess the thing I'm most proud of is being asked a few times to be a guest presenter at the university I graduated from in Dec. 08 (M.Ed.). I used to LOVE guest presenters when I was doing my graduate work and to go back to my university as a guest presenter myself is pretty cool.
I also volunteered to start teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) classes to adults at my church next month. I think it'll be really cool to teach adults and it will give me experience since I plan on applying to teach some courses at some junior colleges around here.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I wouldn't say I have achieved it yet, but I am really working on my cardio this year. I stopped running in grade 7, and even back then I was about the third worst in my class. My weight has fluctuated from 5'8, 220 lbs when I was simply lifting weights, down to 160 lbs during my university McDonalds diet, back to 200 lbs right after I quit university. I have now stayed relatively steady at 180 lbs with 30-60 minutes a day of jogging and minor workouts (really just pushups and situps, no weights). When I started, I could jog/walk/pant 3 kilometres in 22 minutes; now I can jog for longer periods and do the 3 km in 16 minutes, but still a far cry from my goal before I apply to the provincial police service. I intend to be able to jog continuously, at any speed, for 10 km before I am comfortable entering Police College. That will probably take 4-6 months. Once I get my cardio back up and start a more balanced cardio/workout plan, I will probably even out my weight at 200 lbs.

Something I can claim as an achievement was getting on to the volunteer patrol service with our city and the provincial police. I am usually scheduled for Saturday nights, though I pick up any extra shifts I can. It has really helped me learn how to observe in the dark and how to write notes - especially the order in which to take down important details before they disappear from my memory (plates, house numbers, etc., before location and time). The importance of a flashlight with our patrols has turned me onto low-light engagement tactics (i.e., using white light as non-lethal force against an opponent), which I have found to be very interesting and potentially life-saving in my future LEO career. I got a $140 tactical flashlight as an early Christmas present and now carry it on my belt every day, set up with different output intensities for patrol and normal use. :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A year away from forty and I have a beautiful daughter, a new condo, a job I enjoy and a wonderful vehicle to drive. I can't say there's a lot more I could ask for other than a bit more savings in the bank. All in all things have really come together for me in the last couple or years, I think I've finally gotten to that place where I would like to have been 10 years ago. Hope everyone else is having a good year, if not hang in there your time will come. :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Congratulations to all , in context of your achievements.
I have been ,semi-retired for a while. This was for about four months.
Was made redundant five months ago.

##
Just felt like a break for a while.
Currently 56 years of age.
I began first job at 16 years old.
My achievement is that, the previous job has returned.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You go guys! You too Dasha!

I can say that they haven't fired me from my job yet as my only achievement. But that would be a fib. I have been blessed everyday by being married to my wife of 21 years now. Why she puts up with me is a mystery :shrug: , but she does! :lol: I was asked to Moderate on this board. I consider the offer an achievement. Thanks all! I am honored to call you my web-pals!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well, just in time for this post, I just got promoted at work to a higher paygrade, that is a good thing, same job but I'm a senior mechanic now. I lost 13 lbs this summer and learned alot about food from going on a low carb diet, although I did gain a few back. I picked up a new hobby in sport shooting and enjoy it although it is expensive. And my biggest challenge has been my project 99 VW Jetta, which I am currently tearing the motor apart on and rebuilding.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i got back into coveralls and started working on trucks again. for those of you who dont know, i seriously injured my back in 08, and had surgery this summer. long slow road. my 2010 goal is to pass the fitness test and meet the service requirements and stay in the military.

·
Registered
700 Posts
CrashNburn said:
i got back into coveralls and started working on trucks again. for those of you who dont know, i seriously injured my back in 08, and had surgery this summer. long slow road. my 2010 goal is to pass the fitness test and meet the service requirements and stay in the military.
Congratulations and good luck supporting our country. We all owe you a big thanks. I have two good buddies in the Marines who just got back from Iraq and Afghanistan and I'm hoping this 30,000 troop deployment doesn't include them. Not to mention one's in my wedding and I want him there!!

What branch are you in and what do you do?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
megascape said:
I just got my first band signed to a legit record label :rockon:Just started catching up with the contracts I had to put aside while healing from my surgery...This should be a great upcoming year..
---What great news. Reminds me of when my Brother was in a group, back in the 70's. We were so excited.
They were a singing group, with a couple of the Trammps in their backup band. They recorded at Sigma sound, in Philly on Epic, but got their first big lable, Atlantic (ATCo) a couple of years later. They had one record go Gold in Great Britain, but unfortunately had a terrible accident going to a 'gig'.
Two of the group were killed and the rest hospitalized.
They never quite were able to get the group back together.

(my Brother is the Bass singer,Tall Blonde Guy, Fran, in one of their photos there posted on one of their other records)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
megascape said:
I just got my first band signed to a legit record label :rockon:Just started catching up with the contracts I had to put aside while healing from my surgery...This should be a great upcoming year..
Congrats!!! And I'm glad your surgery went well.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
megascape said:
Thanks and thanks, love the vid...oldie goldies!!!! :thumb:
---Yes, we really had a good time back then following the group to all their
appearances.
Wish you a lot of good luck in your endeavor. It's a hard field to break into.
Check your contracts really well. My brother and the rest of the group
never saw any money from their records even though over a million were sold
and are still selling in Europe. The Brits love the old stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts