Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nice find!

$3.759 to $3.899 here. It's been rising about $0.01/day or more here in the past month alone.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Lowest I've seen locally is about $3.55. I paid $3.59 last night. The Garden State Parkway has to hold prices for a week so as long as the prices keep going up, they usually have the cheapest gas. When prices go down though, the tend to be the most expensive...

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
camusdarrach said:
What the :censor: is a "Zip - Code" ??????? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
It is a postal code used by the United States Postal Service to enable mail to be delivered.

Street Address, then city, state, and zip code is written on all mail .

Hope that helps ya !!!

:)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
:doh: we do addresses this way..
Housename / number, street
Village/town/city as appropriate
County
Postcode (as assigned by Royal Mail)
Country (if required, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, I.O.M., Jersey, Guernsey, etc)

Postcode I can understand, but who came up with the term "Zip" ????? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
All rights reserved. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Available at extra cost. See your doctor to find out if it's right for you.

:bill:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
jpark said:
All rights reserved. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Available at extra cost. See your doctor to find out if it's right for you.

CAUTION
Not to be used if you have a nut allergy, as may be delivered by a nut (case)! :lol:
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and tree huggers!!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Apparently, it works quite well. AFAIK, only the zip code is used to route mail.

At first, the zip code was five digits, which routed mail to the post office with that code.

Then, four digits were added to determine the post office box or the city/town block of the business or residence.

And although it's not official yet, the post office already has another three digits in use that pins down the actual residence. We got our extra three digits five years ago, but it's not on much of our mail.

So, soon, addresses won't be really necessary anymore, unless the zip code is missing or illegible.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
The sorting machine actually reads the address and zip code, even when handwritten. ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That takes care of my "AFAIK" comment for sure.

:D

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I think this says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
cbramsey said:
I think this says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Yup... pretty much sums it up. :cuss: I heard on the radio that it might be near $5/gal by the end of the summer... :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Strange, I was watching some TV show know it all on the Sunday morning talking head parade. They all concluded that it would continue to rise to about $4/gallon in the US this summer, then drop to about $3-3.25 by November.

I could only wonder what they were smoking back in the green room before coming on camera.

Then again, that is the trend for the past five years. Rise in spring and summer, stablize, then drop off about 10-20%. Repeat next year. So, maybe they are correct. Maybe it'll take another year to get to $5/gallon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts