All weather mat Color for Camel interior

Seats, instrument panel, headliner, console, panels, detailing, more

All weather mat Color for Camel interior

Postby Illyria69 - May 13th, 2020, 8:51 pm

This is not really an interior "mod" question, but interior-related,

I just bought a 2010 v6 Limited AWD Escape, and would like to replace the factory carpeted mats with all weather mats, and a cargo liner/tray.

I haven't decided WeatherTech, Husky or Ford OEM All weather mats, BUT i do have a question regarding the COLOR of the mats.

I have the CAMEL interior with leather seats. The middle and center console and parts of doors are glossy black.
Which color would be the best for the all weather mats?
Black, gray or TAN?

There IS enough black in the interior... so black may not look bad, but I wonder if Tan would look better. (However Husky does NOT have tan in stock on their website, only black and gray - WeatherTech has all 3 colors, Ford OEM only comes in black).

If someone has a camel interior, (or even if you don't), I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks, IA.
Illyria69

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: All weather mat Color for Camel interior

Postby ceilidhdog - May 19th, 2020, 10:48 am

I'd go with the Weathertech floor liner. They fit like a glove and are nearly indestructible. I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid with Dune interior (similar to Camel), and the floor carpeting is black. I also have a 2012 Escape Limited with black interior. Both vehicles have black Weathertech floor liners and they look great.
ImageImage
ceilidhdog

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Ltd.
My vehicle's name: Biff

Postby vpasla1 - May 19th, 2020, 3:19 pm

I can second the weathertech mats. Leave them in all year round without any issues. I was able to get mine using the buy sell sites out there.
vpasla1

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby Illyria69 - May 20th, 2020, 3:17 pm

Thanks guys - went with black front and rear LINER (not mats).
Will also get the cargo liner BUT ONLY AFTER I fix the latch actuator. It feels wrong to pamper that area with the thought of an intermittantly working latch somehow...
Illyria69

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Interior Mods