Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

(headlight) switch swap

28K views 105 replies 14 participants last post by  vpasla1 
#1 ·
Because switch switch would have been slightly confusing, let's be honest.

Transplanted the switch from a Navigator first...

And now one from an MKS...

I say it would be a fitting mod for anyone with a Limited-trim vehicle and a black interior, because the handle's chrome ring would match the dash vents' chrome rings.

See less See more
#10 ·
You have to access the switch through the rear by the side panel. The switch has two metal tabs that need to be pressed before the assembly simply needs to be pushed out. Not too much drama. I did ruin the original one when I wasn't aware of the installation/mounting tabs though...

#13 ·
haukap8 said:
Otherwise, wires match and everything, on compatible ones, such as the MKS and navigator?
Turns out the plug on the backside matches... 10-pin. I could've put one from an F-150 in but the seller says they aren't compatible and the plug space on the F-150 switch looks bigger... although looks can be deceiving at times.

nasa2011 said:
how much and where did you find that?
eBay, search for MKS head light switch, through a seller named greenleafprime. I best-offered the switch and the trim that comes with it (and two other smaller switches) for $30 with shipping included.

#22 ·
This is the parts number from my records, but the Escape is in the shop... so I'll have to pull the part number off the assembly itself next week.

AA5Z-11654-AA

#24 ·
#26 ·
haukap8 said:
Nice find timothy. I hope that is it. I have only found them for $35 - $40. :thumb:
You may want to call them just to make sure before ordering, but it should be right considering that the part numbers for the escape/mariner are:

8L8Z-11654-AA - without fog lamps, without autolamps
8L8Z-11654-BA - with fog lamps, without autolamps
8L8Z-11654-CA - with fog lamps, with autolamps

For those wondering how to remove it, it's not difficult, but as Tang said, watch the clips. JPark already posted instructions on how to remove this on here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1510

I replaced mine with the auto lights one a while back, wish I had waited because I really like the look of the Lincoln one. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.