Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Rack Inerchange

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  MercuryEscapé22 
#1 ·
I noticed an 05 Escape down town a few days ago that had an "Escape" trim on the front of the rack. I took a picture that did not turn out so well but I found one online here. I am not talking about the rack on top but the bars the rack is attached to, the front little plate that says "Escape" just above the windsheild circled in yellow:

Is this custom or a trim level? Also will the roof rack from the 05 xlt picture fit on an 02? The rack bars look thicker but the body line seems to follow the 02. Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
No Boundaries Package. You got slightly different wheels (but not the ones in that picture) slightly different front and rear bumper, some different trim on the sides, and that awesome roof rack, in terms of obvious upgrades.

The rails will look a little odd withing that front piece of trim. In terms of exterior differences between a 01-04 and a 05-07, it's mostly the fog lights, head lights, and the shape of the rear bumper (although you could technically put an 05-07 bumper on an 01-04 Escape). The only catch with that roof rack is that there are additional bolts to keep it in place in the area closer up to the windshield that would require some drilling into your roof if you were to hot-swap or install an NBX (No Boundaries acronym) roof rack onto a non-NBX Escape.

#3 ·
I have the No Boundaries package as well. They are not too common but I'm sure if you found someone selling the rack that it could be attached to any 01-07 Escape. Also, for true functionality of the rack you would need the NB rear bumper because the rack slides aft then swings down to attach to the bumper.

Here's a shot of someone else's NB with the rack down:

#4 ·
Nice Rack... :rockon:

#6 ·
:hyst: :hyst:

#8 ·
tang said:
No Boundaries Package. The only catch with that roof rack is that there are additional bolts to keep it in place in the area closer up to the windshield that would require some drilling into your roof if you were to hot-swap or install an NBX (No Boundaries acronym) roof rack onto a non-NBX Escape.
Agreed, i had to do some work to put the rack on my 2003 XLS

#9 ·
Ajax said:
I have the No Boundaries package as well. They are not too common but I'm sure if you found someone selling the rack that it could be attached to any 01-07 Escape. Also, for true functionality of the rack you would need the NB rear bumper because the rack slides aft then swings down to attach to the bumper.

i bought the rack but can't get the rear or front bumper since the truck was in a collision (back and front) but believe me, that is a minor issue, the rack transform your truck

#10 ·
I'd kinda like to put it on my Mariner.

But I have a sunroof and I park outside 100% of the time and it snows here. Good idea? The one thing about the weather here is that I rarely have snow on the exterior of my car because the weather always warms up enough and the sun comes out right after so the snow melts.

#11 ·
ExplorerTom said:
I'd kinda like to put it on my Mariner.

But I have a sunroof and I park outside 100% of the time and it snows here. Good idea? The one thing about the weather here is that I rarely have snow on the exterior of my car because the weather always warms up enough and the sun comes out right after so the snow melts.
when snow i have problems cleaning the roof of the truck even with the rack extended, (and must be clear of snow, NJ law) if you have a sunroof i read somewhere in the forum about the clearance between the bars and the sunroof (can be done) but the load on the roof rack is going to be an issue (also read in a post somewhere) if you not going to put any weight will be ok and also look beautiful, i really don't know if can be done in a Mariner, if the dimensions and shape of the roof are the same i presume that can be done, will search that post and i will update with links if i can find it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.