Rack Inerchange

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Rack Inerchange

Postby escapefromcity - June 23rd, 2012, 3:20 am

I noticed an 05 Escape down town a few days ago that had an "Escape" trim on the front of the rack. I took a picture that did not turn out so well but I found one online here. I am not talking about the rack on top but the bars the rack is attached to, the front little plate that says "Escape" just above the windsheild circled in yellow:

Is this custom or a trim level? Also will the roof rack from the 05 xlt picture fit on an 02? The rack bars look thicker but the body line seems to follow the 02. Thoughts?
escapefromcity

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Rack Inerchange

Postby tang - June 23rd, 2012, 4:32 am

No Boundaries Package. You got slightly different wheels (but not the ones in that picture) slightly different front and rear bumper, some different trim on the sides, and that awesome roof rack, in terms of obvious upgrades.

The rails will look a little odd withing that front piece of trim. In terms of exterior differences between a 01-04 and a 05-07, it's mostly the fog lights, head lights, and the shape of the rear bumper (although you could technically put an 05-07 bumper on an 01-04 Escape). The only catch with that roof rack is that there are additional bolts to keep it in place in the area closer up to the windshield that would require some drilling into your roof if you were to hot-swap or install an NBX (No Boundaries acronym) roof rack onto a non-NBX Escape.

PM with wheel questions.
past, but still with the family: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Postby Ajax - June 23rd, 2012, 9:08 am

I have the No Boundaries package as well. They are not too common but I'm sure if you found someone selling the rack that it could be attached to any 01-07 Escape. Also, for true functionality of the rack you would need the NB rear bumper because the rack slides aft then swings down to attach to the bumper.

Here's a shot of someone else's NB with the rack down:

And I run.... the streets all night and day... Image

The Artist Formerly Known as NoBoundInJax.

See more pics of my 2005 XLT Norsea Blue with No Boundaries package at it's CarDomain page.
See my project car, a Volkswagen Jetta, by clicking here, also at CarDomain.
Ajax
Super Moderator and Two-Time winner of E-C's Best Exterior Mod Award (Dual Exhaust)

E-C LEVEL 14
My vehicle: 05 XLT 2WD with No Boundaries
My vehicle's name: Norsea NoBound

Postby jbone2470 - June 23rd, 2012, 7:42 pm

Nice Rack... :rockon:

"Everyone Deserves A Second Chance"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hella 500 FogLights,Aries Brushguard,Firestone Destination A/T's,Pioneer avh-p3300BT,UltraGuage EM,GArmin GPS,OEM Molded MudFlaps,AVS VentVisors,And many More to come....
jbone2470

E-C LEVEL 14
My nickname: JBONE
My vehicle: 2004 Ford Escape Limited4x4 V6
My vehicle's name: JBONE

Postby ajc6882 - June 24th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Yeah that is a nice rack. It's pretty big. I think most guys would like a rack like that. :lol:
ImageImage
2004 Ford Escape XLT 4x4 SOLD
2012 Ford Edge Limited AWD
ajc6882

E-C LEVEL 6
My nickname: Andre'
My vehicle: 2004 Ford Escape XLT V6 4X4

Postby MiggyTheTank - June 24th, 2012, 11:38 pm

:hyst: :hyst:
My Mods:
Husky Mudd Flappies + Plasiti Dipped rims + AVS In-channel Vent Visors + AVS Bug deflector + Painted Bumper Grooves + Chrome Exhaust Tip + Ford Logo hitch cover + Remote Start + K&N Air Filter + a few stickers here and there + Customized License plate+ Stubby antenna+ TomTom GPS+ WeatherTech Floor Liners(front,back and cargo)
GPD Special Operative: This is a stock exchange. There's no money for you to steal.
Bane: Then what are you people doing here?
-The Dark Knight
MiggyTheTank

E-C LEVEL 7
My nickname: Miguel
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: Big Red

Postby maxwellmmassengill - June 25th, 2012, 2:45 pm

i wish i had a rack like that on my escape.
maxwellmmassengill

E-C LEVEL 3
My nickname: Max
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT V6 FWD

Postby gapcomputer - March 17th, 2014, 11:48 am

tang wrote:No Boundaries Package. The only catch with that roof rack is that there are additional bolts to keep it in place in the area closer up to the windshield that would require some drilling into your roof if you were to hot-swap or install an NBX (No Boundaries acronym) roof rack onto a non-NBX Escape.
Agreed, i had to do some work to put the rack on my 2003 XLS
gapcomputer

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: gap computer
My vehicle: Ford Escape 2003 xls
My vehicle's name: Black Beauty

Postby gapcomputer - March 17th, 2014, 11:50 am

[quote="Ajax"]I have the No Boundaries package as well. They are not too common but I'm sure if you found someone selling the rack that it could be attached to any 01-07 Escape. Also, for true functionality of the rack you would need the NB rear bumper because the rack slides aft then swings down to attach to the bumper.

i bought the rack but can't get the rear or front bumper since the truck was in a collision (back and front) but believe me, that is a minor issue, the rack transform your truck
gapcomputer

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: gap computer
My vehicle: Ford Escape 2003 xls
My vehicle's name: Black Beauty

Postby ExplorerTom - March 17th, 2014, 12:01 pm

I'd kinda like to put it on my Mariner.

But I have a sunroof and I park outside 100% of the time and it snows here. Good idea? The one thing about the weather here is that I rarely have snow on the exterior of my car because the weather always warms up enough and the sun comes out right after so the snow melts.
ExplorerTom

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: '06 Mariner & '12 Escape

Next

Return to Exterior Mods