2005-2007 Aftermarket Halo Headlight quality

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

2005-2007 Aftermarket Halo Headlight quality

Postby BBrinker - May 8th, 2014, 9:58 am

Are the 2005-07 aftermarket headlights any good quality wise? I have an 04 and I'll either be swapping to stock 05 style or these. Any replies are appreciated :)Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBrinker

E-C LEVEL 2

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2005-2007 Aftermarket Halo Headlight quality

Postby SOSAXLS - May 8th, 2014, 10:27 am

Depending how the aftermarket seal is on the lights, they tend to get some moisture build up. The stock 05 projector style lights are great but it really comes down to what look your after. if you want something different you could always open the stock ones up and paint the chrome piece inside black before installing them.
SOSAXLS

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My nickname: Sosa
My vehicle: 2005 Ford Escape XLS FWD 5 spd
My vehicle's name: Mallory

Postby Skywoulf - May 23rd, 2017, 12:26 pm

I put a set of these on my 06, wiring is straight forward, and there are videos on installation.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUQANUA ... e=youtu.be / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6bOoXGWi4)

the led's are nice and bright, and the halo's really don't show up much in the daylight.
my avatar pic is the fresh install of these lights. I have had them on now for 3 months now, and the left one now has condensation in the lens. a good preventive measure for this is to do what the piece of paper that DOES come with the lights says and silicone (like the clear fish tank sealant stuff) all edges of the housing where the clear and backing plastic meet. I didn't do that to mine, so I am now waiting for the rainy season to end, so I can dry them out and seal.

on the plus side, they were a snap to install, took perhaps 30 min total.
Skywoulf

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Sky
My vehicle: 2006 escape xlt 4x4 v6 3.0
My vehicle's name: does it need one?

Postby Skywoulf - March 12th, 2018, 6:21 pm

update:

several months after installing these lights, the Halo's stopped working. don't know enough about them to attempt taking them apart to find out why. the Angel Eyes on the other hand are still bright as ever a year later!. (truth be known, I bought them for the Angel Eyes so the Halo's dying really isn't a concern.)
Skywoulf

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Sky
My vehicle: 2006 escape xlt 4x4 v6 3.0
My vehicle's name: does it need one?

Postby jsnali13 - March 19th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Ive had these for just over a year now with no issues except condensation recently in one of the lights.
After having them installed, i had to get the re-sealed due to water getting in one... i think its the same one thats starting to get condensation now.

Over all no real issues. Halos arent very bright though.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
jsnali13

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2005 Escape XLT

Postby Escape94 - April 25th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Skywoulf wrote:update:

several months after installing these lights, the Halo's stopped working. don't know enough about them to attempt taking them apart to find out why. the Angel Eyes on the other hand are still bright as ever a year later!. (truth be known, I bought them for the Angel Eyes so the Halo's dying really isn't a concern.)

The best quality would be to have a pair built for you. TheRetrofitSource has all the parts necessary and could probably recommend some good builders.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Return to Exterior Mods