New Whelen change over led fog lights strobes PICS!

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Re: New Whelen change over led fog lights strobes PICS!

Postby rikshap001 - December 19th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Wish these were an option when I did mine. I use Feniex Cannon 180s installed in the housing. Oh well, maybe next time!
rikshap001

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Shap
My vehicle: 2012 Escape XLT V6 3.0l
My vehicle's name: CARDIS

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby FireEscape - January 5th, 2016, 11:21 am

Squirrel wrote::doh: Not too sure that you as a fireman can use blue lights. In fact, I'd wager you can't LEGALLY use blu lights. Blue is exclusive to the po-po in the United States, to the best of my knowledge.

(b) A blue light may not be illuminated upon a motor vehicle, except that a vehicle being operated by an active member of a volunteer fire department or company or an active member of an organized civil preparedness auxiliary fire company who has been authorized in writing by the chief executive officer of such department or company may use such a light, including a flashing blue light, while on the way to the scene of a fire or other emergency requiring his services. Such authorization may be revoked by such officer or his successor. The chief executive officer of each volunteer fire department or company or organized civil preparedness auxiliary fire company shall certify annually during the month of January, on forms provided by the commissioner, the names and addresses of members whom he has authorized to use a blue light as provided in this subsection. Such listing shall also designate the registration number on the number plate or plates of the vehicle on which the authorized blue light is to be used.
here is the cgs on the matter and cgs is ct general statute.
if you dont know what you are talking about you shouldnt answer
FireEscape

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Robb
My vehicle: 2011 Ford escape XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: Betty

Postby FireEscape - January 5th, 2016, 11:22 am

rikshap001 wrote:Wish these were an option when I did mine. I use Feniex Cannon 180s installed in the housing. Oh well, maybe next time!

these are definetly an awesome option i love they way they look and perform would recommend to any volunteer on this page
FireEscape

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby MadMax - January 5th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Yeah, good luck with that :roll:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby Squirrel - January 6th, 2016, 3:30 am

And when you can't read, I'd expect an ignorant response from both of you... :bang:

[quote=Squirrel!] to the best of my knowledge.[/quote]

Thanks for trying to start crap, madmax, for one, I expect nothing less from you. EVERY forum has someone on here that believes they are superior to all others. :bill: But I thank you for bringing this to my attention. The insult was missed by me, earlier. Good thing you're OTJ! :kneel:
'12 Escape XLT | V-6 | AWD | 10.1" Android 9.1 Car Stereo GPS Navi | G1W-CB "Black Bezel" Capacitor Model Dash Camera | KUERL underseat 10" 600w subwoofer

'06 Escape Hybrid | 4cyl | 4X4 |Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | Bluetooth FM Transmitter Hands-Free With Dual USB
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2012 XLT AWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Mr. Gray; Ghost

Postby MadMax - January 6th, 2016, 8:25 am

Squirrel wrote:

And when you can't read, I'd expect an ignorant response from both of you... :bang:

[quote=Squirrel!] to the best of my knowledge.

Squirrel wrote:Thanks for trying to start crap, madmax, for one, I expect nothing less from you. EVERY forum has someone on here that believes they are superior to all others. :bill: But I thank you for bringing this to my attention. The insult was missed by me, earlier. Good thing you're OTJ! :kneel:

Don't hang this on me, you were called out by FireEscape because the "best of your knowledge" is a poorly researched off the cuff remark that demeans FireEscape's entire career by suggesting he doesn't know the laws pertaining to his livelihood.

That's like me saying you made that remark because you're a high school drop-out... "to the best of my knowledge"

Get it?
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby Squirrel - January 6th, 2016, 10:39 am

Don't hang this on me, you were called out by FireEscape because the "best of your knowledge" is a poorly researched off the cuff remark that demeans FireEscape's entire career by suggesting he doesn't know the laws pertaining to his livelihood.

Don't be trying to turn this onto me. It's funny that I say "to the best of my knowledge" and get flamed. No, a learning experience has turned into an attack mode, rather than trying to educate; this purpose of the forum. :bang:

I take it by your name that you are authorized to have these kind of emergency lights on your vehicle, otherwise like jarheadoo said, you're going to be in deep stuff

That's like me saying you made that remark because you're a high school drop-out... "I take it"

Get it?
'12 Escape XLT | V-6 | AWD | 10.1" Android 9.1 Car Stereo GPS Navi | G1W-CB "Black Bezel" Capacitor Model Dash Camera | KUERL underseat 10" 600w subwoofer

'06 Escape Hybrid | 4cyl | 4X4 |Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | Bluetooth FM Transmitter Hands-Free With Dual USB
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby MadMax - January 6th, 2016, 11:30 am

I was asking the question that qualified FireEscape. You were implying that despite knowing what he did for a living that he was wrong and you were right

You obviously don't get it and never will. You have a great day, Cheers!
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby Squirrel - January 6th, 2016, 11:58 am

:hyst: :lol: :clap:

:kneel: :whistle:

Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby FireEscape - January 20th, 2016, 9:19 am

I think a deep breath is needed. I was just saying before any false information gets out there a topic should be researched. Madmax and squirel thank you for the comments on the thread!!
FireEscape

E-C LEVEL 2

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods