Brush Guard & Lighting

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Brush Guard & Lighting

Postby EmanResu77 - October 23rd, 2017, 10:51 am

Hello everyone!
So I have a 2010 Hybrid that I'm looking to put a brush guard on. I've been looking around and only seen that steelcraft is a direct fit (with aries being a universal). I was wondering if anyone has experience with this (or other brush guards). In addition to the brush guard, I wanted to add some auxiliary lighting. A flood/combo light and possible 2 small driving lights. Any opinions on lighting as well as pictures?

Steelcraft Brush Guard
https://www.carid.com/steelcraft/black- ... url=797900

TMH 20" Combo Light Bar
https://www.amazon.com/TMH-Motorbike-Mo ... +light+bar
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Brush Guard & Lighting

Postby The08Merc - November 24th, 2017, 2:38 am

Sorry just scrolling though the forums and saw no one answered. I have a TrailFx Grille Guard, different from a bull bar. It has 2 different ports for lighting, i haven't done it to mine yet- but will be shortly. I don't have many updated pics, but here is one i posted before. Let me know if you need any other information.
ImageImage
The08Merc

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Mercury Mariner 3.0 V6
My vehicle's name: Lux

Postby MadMax - November 24th, 2017, 7:37 am

Wow, very nice :thumb:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby EmanResu77 - November 24th, 2017, 6:10 pm

The08Merc wrote:Sorry just scrolling though the forums and saw no one answered. I have a TrailFx Grille Guard, different from a bull bar. It has 2 different ports for lighting, i haven't done it to mine yet- but will be shortly. I don't have many updated pics, but here is one i posted before. Let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you. That looks awesome! When you installed, was there any cutting required? I know on the steelcraft brush guard, there is cutting required. I was able to look at another escape in my town that had it installed and took some pics to get an idea of the work required.
2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby The08Merc - December 1st, 2017, 12:47 am

EmanResu77 wrote:
The08Merc wrote:Sorry just scrolling though the forums and saw no one answered. I have a TrailFx Grille Guard, different from a bull bar. It has 2 different ports for lighting, i haven't done it to mine yet- but will be shortly. I don't have many updated pics, but here is one i posted before. Let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you. That looks awesome! When you installed, was there any cutting required? I know on the steelcraft brush guard, there is cutting required. I was able to look at another escape in my town that had it installed and took some pics to get an idea of the work required.

So to get the bar on there is a little cutting and modification that needs to happen. Originally I bought one that was supposed to be "No modification needed. No hassle" but what that really means is only a little needed.

You need to cut the black air damper in the bottom front of the car into 3 pieces so you can correctly attach the bar. Once you cut the damper the bar slides into place and a few heavy duty bolts keep it in place. Then, you can reattach the damper, (its supposed to be there for gas mileage and protective reasons) so make sure your cuts are straight and clean and it fits right back on. I should have taken pics as I put it on, it was a fun little project. Also, word to the wise, it says it takes an hour.. make sure you leave plenty of time :P

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The08Merc

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby EmanResu77 - December 4th, 2017, 11:40 am

So to get the bar on there is a little cutting and modification that needs to happen. Originally I bought one that was supposed to be "No modification needed. No hassle" but what that really means is only a little needed.

You need to cut the black air damper in the bottom front of the car into 3 pieces so you can correctly attach the bar. Once you cut the damper the bar slides into place and a few heavy duty bolts keep it in place. Then, you can reattach the damper, (its supposed to be there for gas mileage and protective reasons) so make sure your cuts are straight and clean and it fits right back on. I should have taken pics as I put it on, it was a fun little project. Also, word to the wise, it says it takes an hour.. make sure you leave plenty of time :P

I figured that with the valance there, you'd have to go through no matter what. Did you remove it first to cut then bolt it back on or just drew lines on it then cut it? I found instructions from steelcraft about the install but the cutting part just seems to be quite tedious and I rather not screw it up haha. My mechanic and I are going to do the install together since I've heard it makes it much easier with 2 people.
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby The08Merc - December 9th, 2017, 1:48 am

EmanResu77 wrote:

I figured that with the valance there, you'd have to go through no matter what. Did you remove it first to cut then bolt it back on or just drew lines on it then cut it? I found instructions from steelcraft about the install but the cutting part just seems to be quite tedious and I rather not screw it up haha. My mechanic and I are going to do the install together since I've heard it makes it much easier with 2 people.
Definitely remove it first to be sure your cuts are straight, itll be way easier. Then after you have your bar installed you can put it back on and adjust as needed. And I highly recommend doing it with two people, you will need someone to hold the bar in place as you install the bolts.. the bar itself is not light, its surprising how heavy it is and its oddly shaped. Post pics of it after!

The08Merc

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby EmanResu77 - December 11th, 2017, 12:05 pm

The08Merc wrote:
Definitely remove it first to be sure your cuts are straight, itll be way easier. Then after you have your bar installed you can put it back on and adjust as needed. And I highly recommend doing it with two people, you will need someone to hold the bar in place as you install the bolts.. the bar itself is not light, its surprising how heavy it is and its oddly shaped. Post pics of it after!

Roger that. I definitely will be posting pics, hopefully some with the install for others, but I'm going to wait until I find a new headlight assembly to install. I'm conflicted between the single and dual projector. I'm leaning towards the dual since it looks more aggressive but I want to search on here and see from other's reviews on each of them. (I'll be making another post on this and hopefully I can find my answer)
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Exterior Mods