Aftermarket Exterior Lighting

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Aftermarket Exterior Lighting

Postby EmanResu77 - December 5th, 2017, 2:47 pm

So I have finally started with modifying my E hybrid with some exterior light. It's not much but its definitely a start. The first thing I changed out was the fog lights. My OEM had a crack in the housing and well pretty much sucked. I ordered LED fog lights from Ebay and installed them. They are unbranded but looking closely at them, I believe they are Spec-D since that's the only aftermarket assemblies out there. Only problem I had was that the connecting wires were a bit loose but with some electrical tape, it did the job just fine.

I know with all the blur it's hard to show, but with these on at night I definitely don't need my high beams as of right now.

The 2nd mod I did as well was change the 3rd brake light to a Lumens Smoked LED. It blends in well with the color of my escape.

My next mods for exterior lighting are to install a brushguard I have coming in at the end of the week and add a pair of either LED driving lights or amber lights as well as a 24" light bar. To continue with smoking out the lights, I'm also looking at finding a smoked project headlight housing (probably a since projector since I've heard the duals aren't as reliable) and to apply a polyurethane layer onto my tailights and fog lights. If anyone has smoked their lights out please let me know!
Last edited by EmanResu77 on December 7th, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Aftermarket Exterior Lighting

Postby FRENCHY - December 5th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Very nice :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you buy the 3rd brake? Do you have a link?
Are they plug and pray :) ?
Did you tint the red plastic or bought it as a kit?
Thanks
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby EmanResu77 - December 5th, 2017, 3:36 pm

FRENCHY wrote:Very nice :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you buy the 3rd brake? Do you have a link?
Are they plug and pray :) ?
Did you tint the red plastic or bought it as a kit?
Thanks

Thank you. I bought the 3rd brake light from CARiD. It came as a plug and play kit. The assembly is smoked and I kept the OEM in the box should something happen.

Smoked Brake light: https://www.carid.com/lumen/lumen-led-3 ... 95847.html
2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD

Postby FRENCHY - December 5th, 2017, 4:17 pm

Thanks again.
I like the red one too, it sounds more red than the OEM
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby MadMax - December 6th, 2017, 3:04 am

Good job :thumb: I too really like that 3rd brake light, thanks for the link
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Return to Exterior Mods