Upgrading Headlights & Assembly

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Upgrading Headlights & Assembly

Postby EmanResu77 - December 11th, 2017, 12:19 pm

So I'm sure I won't be the first nor the last to ask about this but I am looking at swapping out my current OEM to either dual or single projectors. I know that they both run different lights (h3 in the single and h1 in the duals and h13 in the OEM). I was hoping someone could have any information about them and which route to go for (in terms of performance and reliability). I personally love the look of the duals but it looks like with the running light led strip underneath you may have to splice it in. Plus I will be adding a brush guard to the E so I want to find an assembly that I won't have to remove since it will be more difficult once it is installed.

Side note: Is there any difference between the IPCW assembly and the Spyder? They look to be the same with the only exception to the light strip in the assembly itself. Also not sure if this thread goes for exterior mods or electrical mods. Apologies in advance if it goes in the other!

Single Anzo:
https://www.carid.com/2010-ford-escape- ... 22369.html

Dual Spyder:
https://www.carid.com/2010-ford-escape- ... 22376.html

Dual IPCW:
https://www.carid.com/2010-ford-escape- ... 22380.html
2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Upgrading Headlights & Assembly

Postby Touringmike - December 11th, 2017, 7:29 pm

The IPCW looks to be the same as the Spyder lights.

Many Spyder threads on this site, just search for them.
I don't know about the single projector unit, I have the Spyder, and the High Beam is fantastic.
The High Beam is not a projector bulb.
I also think both bulbs are H12s in these units, although the web-site says H1. They were included in the set I bought.
ImageImage
Touringmike

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: '11 Limited (gone) '19 EdgeST

Postby EmanResu77 - December 14th, 2017, 11:19 am

Touringmike wrote:The IPCW looks to be the same as the Spyder lights.

I don't know about the single projector unit, I have the Spyder, and the High Beam is fantastic.
I also think both bulbs are H12s in these units, although the web-site says H1. They were included in the set I bought.

I'd imagine the IPCW is just another manufacture of the same item. My only concern is wiring the DRL's and the Halos. I have no idea how to do that so I'm hoping I can find someone who won't charge an arm and a leg to do it for me. I do love the look of the duals since I'm going to go for an aggressive look on the truck. Do you have any advise on what to replace the bulbs with? I'm looking at LED's and I'm thinking maybe OPT7 but I had a bad experience with their HID's in the OEM assemblies before. Ever week one of my headlights burned out and my fogs did the same thing.
Exterior Mods: AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visor, Spec-D LED Fog Lights, Lumens Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, Steelcraft Brushguard, Spyder Black Dual Projector Headlights, Custom Black Grille & Bumper Vinyl Wrap
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Touringmike - December 14th, 2017, 7:16 pm

EmanResu77 wrote:
Touringmike wrote:The IPCW looks to be the same as the Spyder lights.

I'd imagine the IPCW is just another manufacture of the same item. My only concern is wiring the DRL's and the Halos. I have no idea how to do that so I'm hoping I can find someone who won't charge an arm and a leg to do it for me. I do love the look of the duals since I'm going to go for an aggressive look on the truck. Do you have any advise on what to replace the bulbs with? I'm looking at LED's and I'm thinking maybe OPT7 but I had a bad experience with their HID's in the OEM assemblies before. Ever week one of my headlights burned out and my fogs did the same thing.

Look at this link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23406&p=332667&hilit=DRL+wiring#p332667

You can tap into the fuse box on the passenger side of the console, slot 33, 35 or 37 for key-switched power.
I sent you a PM on how I wired my lights.
ImageImage
Touringmike

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: '11 Limited (gone) '19 EdgeST

Postby EmanResu77 - December 19th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Touringmike wrote:Look at this link:

https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.ph ... ng#p332667

You can tap into the fuse box on the passenger side of the console, slot 33, 35 or 37 for key-switched power.
I sent you a PM on how I wired my lights.

Got it thank you. What kind of bulbs do you have in your headlights? I was leaning towards LED's since I tried OPT7 H13 in the OEM but they were nothing but garbage. Both headlights and fog lights it was consistent problems, week after week.
EmanResu77

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Exterior Mods