Ford oem airfoil to 2012 limited

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Ford oem airfoil to 2012 limited

Postby Lakesideescape - July 15th, 2018, 3:08 pm

So I got ahold of a Ford Escape oem airfoil in rough shape. Fixed it up, painted it white suede, cleared, buffed and polished it up, and now i’m ready to mount it. Oh, did I mention....no template or mounting hardware- just the airfoil.

If anyone has mounted one of these, where did you get the hardware? I see 4 threaded screw holes on the bottom, plus what appeared to be old double sided tape which I removed prior to paint.

2012 limited, white suede.

Thanks for any insight......lakeside
Lakesideescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Ford oem airfoil to 2012 limited

Postby jmassi1281 - July 25th, 2018, 3:56 pm

The company I ordered it from supplied all the hardware. Since you're likely talking about a SAP spoiler, Ford / Mercury sells them as a package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
jmassi1281

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Lakesideescape - July 25th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Yes, it is an sap airfoil. Thanks for your response.

Lakeside
Lakesideescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Lakesideescape - September 14th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Reviewing older posts having to do with sap spoilers I found frenchy has done what I am attempting to do, namely add an sap spoiler to my 2012 limited.

So frenchy, how about some guidance? Here’s the problem......

The underside (ie, inside) of my hatch has a second layer of metal which stands off of the inside of the hatch body, forming a channel through which various cables and wires run.

When you drill through the outside of the hatch, there is a void of about 2 inches before you get to the second metal level described above. It would take a really long fastener to attach the airfoil.

So, did you cut an access hole in that inner metal layer? I see this as a possible solution enabling reaching a nut to secure the airfoil to the outer hatch body, and then cover up the access hole with something like the rubber covers used to cover the hatch hinge access holes.

Thoughts?, guidance? Another solution?

Thanks.........lakeside
Lakesideescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Exterior Mods