Mariner tails

Body, brush guards, step bars, paint, detailing, more

Mariner tails

Postby thesavo - July 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Does anyone know if the Gen 2 mariner and escape tails are inter changeable? I have a broken driver tail on my 08 mariner. I can't find any decently priced mariner trails. Can I swap them with tails from an escape. The shape looks the same.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Mariner tails

Postby FRENCHY - July 19th, 2018, 5:14 pm

The shape are not the same due to the Mariners bumper, I can’t find the thread but I rememberthat the conclusion was that they do not fit. Only the teibute fit the E tail light.
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby thesavo - July 19th, 2018, 5:43 pm

FRENCHY wrote:The shape are not the same due to the Mariners bumper, I can’t find the thread but I rememberthat the conclusion was that they do not fit. Only the teibute fit the E tail light.
Darn. Mariner only. Thank you.

thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby backroad101 - July 20th, 2018, 1:12 pm

My assumption was that Mariner tails would not fit and escape because the shape is longer on the bottom and hence the mariner's bumper is cut different but is you were to do the opposite and put Escape tails on a mariner they would physically fit but look a little odd because of the extra space left because of the different cut in the bumper. Am I wrong?

There is a Mariner running around my area with Escape taillights but he also switched out to an Escape bumper.

My recommendation would be to go to a salvage yard where hopefully the have bot a 2nd gen escape (or Tribute) and mariner and do some test fitting. If they fit and you like how it looks that opens you up to using either Escape or Tribute taillights.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby thesavo - July 22nd, 2018, 7:32 am

My problem is the yard in Syracuse never has mariners. When they do, the tails are gone or broken too.

thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby TexasGator - September 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Mariner tail lights will not fit on the Escape like the previous posters have stated due to the extra plastic protrusion on the bottom.

Mazda Tribute tails will fit perfectly(I have them on mine). The only caveat to the Tribby tails is that they do not have a parking reflector on them. If you look at a Tribute you will notice on the bottom of the bumper that there are 2 red reflectors. This might be illegal in some states. Others including myself have simply added a small piece of reflective vinyl in the groove on the bumper(I think MeatloafMountain did this) to get around this.

It would be really sweet though if someone put the body work in to do a Mariner swap.

Mods

K&N Air Filter | EBC Green Stuff Pads | EBC Vented Rotors | CarField Strut Tower Brace | 245/75R16 BF Goodrich T/A KO2's | Limited Roof Rack | Limited Rear Lift-Gate Trim | Limited Fog Lights |JBL MS-62C 6.5" Component Speakers | Polk DB521 Rear Speakers | 2 Dayton Audio NS270-44 10" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofers | Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier | Pioneer GM-D8604 Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | XS Power D1200 AGM Battery | Scosche EFX Battery Terminals | Husky WeatherBeater Floor Mats | Black Gorilla Lug Nuts | Drake Off Road Billet Antenna | Black Billet Fender Washer Kit | Custom 2.5L Engine Cover | Gunmetal Billet Oil Cap | Super Bright LED's 194 LED Bulb w/ Focusing Lens Reverse Lights | ProBolt Black Engine Bay Nuts | Yakima Front Loader Bike Rack | Custom Black Plasti-Dip Accents | Custom Black Painted Rotors, Calipers and Drums | Custom Black Painted Engine Covers and Oil Dip Stick | Gator Badge
TexasGator

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Gator
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLS

Postby thesavo - September 19th, 2018, 8:22 pm

I like my Mariner back end. I'll hold out for a clean mariner to to the yard.

thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby thesavo - November 16th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Well, my attitude changed today. I backed into to stantion.

Since the Syracuse yard rarely has mariners I might do the swap.

I have an aftermarket tow hitch. I think I might have to loosen it. Image
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby Dewey68 - November 17th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Ugh, that sucks! I see Mariners in the yards around here fairly often. I'll keep my eyes open and grab the tails if you'd like.
Dewey68

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2009 Mercury Mariner 4WD

Postby thesavo - November 17th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Dewey68 wrote:Ugh, that sucks! I see Mariners in the yards around here fairly often. I'll keep my eyes open and grab the tails if you'd like.
That's nice. Thanks. I'm debating the idea still about switching to an escape bumper and tails.

A rear plastic bumper is 36 w/a 2 core. Tails are 15 each.

Looks like it comes straight out. My after market hitch might not need any movement.

https://workshop-manuals.com/ford/escap ... page_6293/
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6

Next

Return to Exterior Mods