Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Lets Talk Gearing

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bangster 
#1 ·
I have talk to a few people but not enough to really know what I'm talking about so I'm looking for some advice. I have a 2005 V6 AWD and wanted to see if anyone has gone down the path of gearing this model. I know the 3.0 has a CD4E Trans in the front and a IRS Dana 28 in the back. Does anyone know if it possible to redo the gearing on this system? The follow up to that is do you know if this model has a compatible Trans and upgradeable Dana?

My biggest issues are that I have no Low End after I lifted it and installed 245s its, i have upgraded the intake and exhaust but I don't know where to go from here and i think my best option it gearing if possible.

#2 ·
I think that the only ratio available in/with the CD4E is 2.93, not until the 6F35 in 2009 was there different final drive ratios by engine. I don't know if its use in other products had a different final drive ratio or not, and if the corresponding ring and pinion are available for the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.