Adding redundant audio controls

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

Re: Adding redundant audio controls

Postby bangster - July 4th, 2020, 4:30 pm

thesavo wrote:Thanks. I like the idea of not having the unused switches. I'm debating adding sync. I would use it for phone calls and podcasts.
However, I am not sure the benefit.
I have a bt aux kit. It's made by soundbot and called the sb360. It pairs to the phone, and will play my podcasts, navigation, and phone calls. It has three buttons. I can advance or rewind, I can pickup a call and hang up.

I does not have controls on the steering wheel, and does not take advantage of the front display module.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

That is just a little disc with power from USB and a 3.5mm audio cable and a mic right? That is what I added to my 1997 Mark VIII and loved it, simple, and I never really touched it because I use Android Auto on my phone and have it in a cradle.

While I do have SYNC in my 2012 Fusion (more applicable than my 2017 Escape with SYNC 3), I have started keeping as a backup a USB bluetooth adapter as SYNC seems to stop seeing my phone at the worst times, midnight while raining with 600 miles left to drive, for example. I am very dependent on having it for streaming music and navigation, so having a backup until I can stop and pull the battery (I keep an 8mm wrench in the center console just for that) so I can continue driving.

Same with my daughters 2015 Fusion. On her way here it stopped connecting to her phone, she had a 3.5mm patch cord but an iPhone XR without a headphone jack...I hooked her up with a plan b (bluetooth/aux patch cord) and plan c (lightning to 3.5mm adapter).

I don't see SYNC as a powerful thing, I only use it for streaming. It is nice to have the song info or call info in the display so I can keep my phone on navigation, but rarely is song info important to me.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Adding redundant audio controls

Postby thesavo - July 4th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Yes, it is just like this
51ZPgno8aRL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6