Too many Hot Fuses

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

Too many Hot Fuses

Postby colinc755 - June 16th, 2019, 10:09 pm

I recently wired some LED aux lights to the exterior of my 2010 Escape, due to an internal control box I decided to fuse tap them on the interior fuse box. After trying a ton of the fuses, it seems like all of the interior ones are always on all the time. In my old '05 Escape it wasn't that hard to find a fuse that cut power when the keys were out. Is there something i'm missing here? Maybe I tried some bad fuses out? I just try to be aware of any battery drain so I didn't want these lights to possibly run while the car was off. I tried all the typical fuses one would think to try (sunroof, radio, rear wiper motor) I just find it so odd that all of these always have power going through them.
colinc755

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Too many Hot Fuses

Postby patsfan1704 - March 7th, 2020, 6:31 am

I believe there is a spare that is key on?
patsfan1704

E-C LEVEL 3

Re: Too many Hot Fuses

Postby Touringmike - March 7th, 2020, 11:00 am

There are a few fuse locations on the junction box on the console passenger side.
You can check your owner's manual fuse box description page to find them.
Fuse 32 is a key switch activated "not used" 10 amp fuse, meaning, it is only active when the key is on.
I hooked up my halo lights ti this fuse to create DRLs a few years ago on my '11.
Don't recall if the top or bottom lug was switched, so I used an ohm meter to find the hot side with key off.
ImageImage
Touringmike

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: '11 Limited (gone) '19 EdgeST

Return to Electrical Mods