Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Disable "DRL off" option on 2011 Escape...help

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fics 
#1 ·
Can you tell me how to disable the "DRL off" option on the headlight switch on a 2011 Escape? I bought the Escape in the U.S. but in Canada it is illegal to be able to turn off the DRLs.

When importing a US vehicle into Canada, it needs to meet the Transport Canada requirement of NOT being able to disable my daytime running lights, i.e. turning light switch to left which changes from "Auto" to "Off".

Does anyone know if I have to get this rewired or is it simply a reprogramming solution?

#3 ·
Auto and OFF are for the automatic headlights, not the DRL's. I had the DRL's enabled on my 08 Escape, and as soon as it was shifted out of Park, the DRLs came on, and stayed on.

You need a laptop running the full version of Forscan and a Bluetooth OBD II adapter that can read Ford specific modules.

#4 ·
Dang...I checked into this a few years back and was told by the Ford dealer there in Chattanooga "we might be able to do it".
So how available is the software you speak of guys? Not worth the cost just to disable the DRL's? :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.