New Headlights

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

New Headlights

Postby Wyndil - August 3rd, 2020, 4:29 am

Hi, all,

I purchased the headlight bulbs for my 2008 escape, but they were not quite bright. I want white/blue light. The last I bought was so dim that the high beams looked like low beams. Does someone have a certain place/type? I want to prevent the purchase and return of several lamps.

Thanks in Advance
Wyndil

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Bumbleborg
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape
My vehicle's name: Benny

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: New Headlights

Postby vpasla1 - August 3rd, 2020, 11:14 am

It's going to be difficult to find a halogen bulb that gives your a white/blue light. They all tend to have a hint of yellow.

I know the Phillips XtremeVision or CrystalVision (they might be named something similar), aim to give a whiter light while also being bright. They might be a little more expensive, but you have to pay to play.
vpasla1

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby MultiMediaMike - February 2nd, 2021, 5:03 pm

]I found decent LED bulb replacements to be easy and look great for over 2 years from Amazon the H13 fanless from BEAMTECH [attachment=0]led ford beamtech n.jpg[/attachment I do want to look into keeping the fog lamps on and have a 5202 switchback type LED replacement... https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-8000Lm- ... ord+Escape
Attachments
led ford beamtech n.jpg
led ford beamtech n.jpg (15.39 KIB) Viewed 440 times
MultiMediaMike

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Mike
My vehicle: 2012 XLT

Postby jaywish - February 3rd, 2021, 6:13 pm

I have a set of the Beamtech fanless 9003 in the Marauder and I really love the low beam light and pattern but the high beam pattern is not very good in those particular housings.

What year Escape do you have them in? Are you running the Beamtech?
12 Ford Escape AWD Limited Silver/Charcoal 302a, 17" wheels+Cooper CS5 ultra, Park Assist, Mods-> steps, 16" 6 spokes+Cooper Discoverer Sport M+S snows, Compustar Alarm/Remote Start, Husky floor & trunk liners, Centric front drilled, slotted, cryo rotors & Wagner OEX1047B pads.
89 Merc Grand Marquis Colony Park GTLS, Light Adobe/Tan, Mods = HO, Explorer intake, SS Duals, big brakes fore & aft, auto air shocks, posi, Hella H1's & H2's, 16" HPP rims, police sway, aluminum driveshaft, tranny cooler etc.
03 Merc Marauder DPB/Charcoal, HS, 6disk, spoiler, organizer Mods = M&Z control arms, oil deflector, SilverStars, U-Haul Tranny Pan
02 Mercedes SL500 Silver Arrow.
08 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited with HID's Mods = posi, Z rated Cooper 235/55-17 Zeon RS3-A tires, Addco 1" rear Sway, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter 05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Jay
My vehicle: 2012 Escape Limited Awd

Postby Illyria69 - February 18th, 2021, 12:30 pm

vpasla1 wrote:It's going to be difficult to find a halogen bulb that gives your a white/blue light. They all tend to have a hint of yellow.

I know the Phillips XtremeVision or CrystalVision (they might be named something similar), aim to give a whiter light while also being bright. They might be a little more expensive, but you have to pay to play.

XtremeVision is what I am going with soon - more WHITE light and no film on the bulb.
CrystalVision is more of a "for looks" bulb with a film, and more blue-ish.

Cleaning and polishing the lenses/housing could help a lot too. I need to do mine soon.
Illyria69

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby jaywish - March 8th, 2021, 11:10 am

I purchased and installed the Beamtech H13 aka 9008 fanless from Amazon @$39. I have not been able to get out on long dark roads to see the high beams in their natural environment but I am very happy with the low beams around the burbs and the highs seem Ok so far.

The Escape was the last vehicle in the fleet running halogen bulbs so whenever I switched vehicles I was disappointed in the Escape headlights. So over the summer I upgraded the stock bulbs to Phillips Extreme vision. They were somewhat of an improvement but I was still not happy. I had decided to stick with halogens as I was hesitant after upgrading the Marauder to LED. In the Marauder I love the low beams but the highs are less than excellent in those particular housing.

Thanks for nudging me Mike. This seems to be a great, simple upgrade for this generation of the Escape without any drawbacks.

There are so many LED bulbs out there and I only have experience with the beamtech fanless. Odds are there may be better or equally good and cheaper bulbs.

Jay
12 Ford Escape AWD Limited Silver/Charcoal 302a, 17" wheels+Cooper CS5 ultra, Park Assist, Mods-> steps, 16" 6 spokes+Cooper Discoverer Sport M+S snows, Compustar Alarm/Remote Start, Husky floor & trunk liners, Centric front drilled, slotted, cryo rotors & Wagner OEX1047B pads.
89 Merc Grand Marquis Colony Park GTLS, Light Adobe/Tan, Mods = HO, Explorer intake, SS Duals, big brakes fore & aft, auto air shocks, posi, Hella H1's & H2's, 16" HPP rims, police sway, aluminum driveshaft, tranny cooler etc.
03 Merc Marauder DPB/Charcoal, HS, 6disk, spoiler, organizer Mods = M&Z control arms, oil deflector, SilverStars, U-Haul Tranny Pan
08 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited with HID's Mods = posi, Z rated Cooper 235/55-17 Zeon RS3-A tires, Addco 1" rear Sway, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter 05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby Illyria69 - March 9th, 2021, 7:36 pm

jaywish wrote:I purchased and installed the Beamtech H13 aka 9008 fanless from Amazon @$39. I have not been able to get out on long dark roads to see the high beams in their natural environment but I am very happy with the low beams around the burbs and the highs seem Ok so far.
Jay

--How is the cut off / pattern of the low-beam? Any chance of blinding oncoming drivers?
--Have you been flashed at by any oncoming drivers?
--Also - no warnings on dash etc right?

I was almost gonna place an order for Philips XtremeVisions but i am now having 2nd thoughts re: Beamtech fanless. If I do switch to them I need to turn the DRLs off, BUT I do think DRLs use HIGH beams and not low beams.... so Perhaps I am OK.
For fog lights, I am def going LED, but i've always hesitated with LEDs when it comes to low/high beam bulbs.....
Illyria69

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby jaywish - March 9th, 2021, 9:25 pm

I have to say the low beam cutoff is good. You can see it does not shine into oncoming car windows. No flashes from opposing traffic and I have put in about 1 hour night driving.

I do not have DRL's in the USA 12. I don't know what would happen if you just plugged in the new led bulbs. If they light or don't light it would not be so bad in drl mode as long as they don't go into a flashing mode. Perhaps you could contact the company?
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby RazoE - March 17th, 2021, 4:56 pm

I'm running these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N97589Y/re ... H1Y87H18J8

Make sure you rotate them to reflect at 180° otherwise you won't get a proper beam pattern.

I have DRLs enabled and they work 100% fine with zero issues.
RazoE

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLS FWD
My vehicle's name: Gerald

Postby Illyria69 - March 17th, 2021, 5:54 pm

RazoE wrote:I'm running these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N97589Y/re ... H1Y87H18J8

Make sure you rotate them to reflect at 180° otherwise you won't get a proper beam pattern.

I have DRLs enabled and they work 100% fine with zero issues.

Thanks! will check them out!
Illyria69

E-C LEVEL 2

Next

Return to Electrical Mods