2012 Limited Ambient Lighting Questions

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

2012 Limited Ambient Lighting Questions

Postby Zach - February 9th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I am new to the forums and was not able to find a thread discussing my question.

I have a 2012 Ford Escape Limited with ambient lighting within the cupholders and storage area by the USB port. The light on my shifter has gone out and I am attempting to replace it. The process of getting to the bulb under the shifter is pretty straight forward, in terms of lifting up the silver metallic trim around the shifter and then pulling up the center plastic section. My only concern is how to go about pulling off the center plastic piece and not damaging the lighting pieces in the cupholder and ambient lighting button. Does the wiring to the little bulbs in the cupholder have enough slack to pull it up a bit? I've found a diagram for the center console wiring but not sure how wires actually sit in there.
[url]https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/lamps-and-lenses/lamp-assy-interior-6342165-1[/url] part #13E701

I apologize for the lengthy post! I hope my question is somewhat clear. Thank you for your help with this!
Zach

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2012 Limited Ambient Lighting Questions

Postby bangster - February 9th, 2021, 1:18 pm

I thought I found an Escape to get ambient lighting parts from for my 2012 Fusion, but it was already stripped.

If it is anything like the Fusion setup, a clear ring around the top, it is regular wires and connectors, nothing ribbon cably or delicate. The Fusion one the controller is attached to the cup holder.

'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby bangster - February 9th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Nevermind, I see that it is only spot LEDs and not the ring, but again, I think you will find regular wiring and connectors and have enough slack to pull it up enough to disconnect it.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby bangster - February 9th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Again, the Fusion, but the F150 OEM are similar, this is what the ones pointing down for front row and back row look like. Real wiring, no connector at each LED just the entire harness back to the controller:
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby davez26 - February 9th, 2021, 3:35 pm

OP,
I changed that bulb last night, and I too, have ambient lighting.
No worries, I just lifted the console at the rear, unhooked the front and swing the panel a few inches right, light is right there. If there was an harness issues, I didn't notice it at all, plenty of slack to work with.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
davez26

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Shea4819 - February 21st, 2021, 4:11 pm

Zach wrote:Hi all,

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I am new to the forums and was not able to find a thread discussing my question.

I have a 2012 Ford Escape Limited with ambient lighting within the cupholders and storage area by the USB port. The light on my shifter has gone out and I am attempting to replace it. The process of getting to the bulb under the shifter is pretty straight forward, in terms of lifting up the silver metallic trim around the shifter and then pulling up the center plastic section. My only concern is how to go about pulling off the center plastic piece and not damaging the lighting pieces in the cupholder and ambient lighting button. Does the wiring to the little bulbs in the cupholder have enough slack to pull it up a bit? I've found a diagram for the center console wiring but not sure how wires actually sit in there.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/lamps-and-lenses/lamp-assy-interior-6342165-1 part #13E701

I apologize for the lengthy post! I hope my question is somewhat clear. Thank you for your help with this!
Shea4819

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Electrical Mods