2008 Headlight Help

Ignition, lighting, chassis, more

2008 Headlight Help

Postby Sbm1228 - February 14th, 2021, 7:09 pm

I finally purchased the Spyder projector lights for my 08 E Limited. My plan is to tap the positive park wire for the LEDs and to use the ground wire too. When I looked at the park bulb wires on the driver side, there are two black/green wires with the violet/white positive wire. Does anyone know which one is the ground?

Sorry if this already posted somewhere in the forum but I've searched and searched with no luck.

Thanks!
Sbm1228

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Limited

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2008 Headlight Help

Postby bangster - February 14th, 2021, 7:21 pm

They are probably both ground. Since they just go to ground and not logic, one could be for the headlight? It shouldn't matter though which one you use.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: 2008 Headlight Help

Postby Sbm1228 - February 14th, 2021, 7:29 pm

bangster wrote:They are probably both ground. Since they just go to ground and not logic, one could be for the headlight? It shouldn't matter though which one you use.

The headlight bulb is a separate plug though. This is for the park/turn bulb. And Spyder is no help. They have a video that shows how to install, but wiring the LEDs is a completely different video that is not specific to the Escape. If they are the both the ground then that's easier for me. But I don't want the LEDs to blink when I have the turn signal on.
Sbm1228

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Limited

Return to Electrical Mods