Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

I was that close!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  weebee 
#1 ·
Morning folks. Well, about a week ago I started looking for a replacement for my Eco-sport. And my intention was to get a Escape Hybrid.
I found a few that were equipped how I'd want them to be. And at a really decent price. But, things didn't work that way. When I stopped by the dealership. Sitting there was a 2021 Ford Bronco sport Big Bend edition in alto blue met (a really deep dark blue). With carbonized grey rims. And, oh lord, I was in love! Went in and talked numbers. Which came out 20.00 less then my limit for payments. Then I took it for a test drive. I was quite skeptical on the 1.5 eco-boost engine. But it is fine for this truck. And after reviewing the engine. I found that they are reliable and gives good HP and mileage. Not enough to take on the Yukon trails by any means. But plenty to merge with traffic and get to 60 quick enough. This is also my first ride with a turbo in it. I'll post up some pictures when I pick her up this morning.

#3 ·
Touringmike said:
Well, good luck with it.
I may look at the 2.7L twin turbo Sport when they arrive.
I would prefer the 2 door package.
Too skeptical of the 1.5L 3 cylinder, just doesn't seem right
for a 4wd "truck".
Yup, I was as well until I drove it. The 2.7 twin turbo would destroy the MPG. Which is important to me. Now, if it was strictly a toy....! :D

#6 ·
Aw, yes, the Bronco Sport is on my short list for my next Ford, but I am blown away by the 2.0 Turbo in my current Escape and will hold off for a loaded Badlands to get my heart's desire

Congrats on the new Bronco Sport, weebee, look forward to pics and a full report :yes:

#7 ·
As promised.

I drove it around for awhile yesterday. And got used to the features it has. The new sync interface is fantastic. I'm pleased with the ride quality of this. The 1.5 eco-boost does the job good enough for me. It gets up to highway speed quick enough. I'm very happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.