2018 Ecosport Titanium

Discuss other Ford models here!

2018 Ecosport Titanium

Postby MadMax - March 5th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Was at my local Ford dealer today and had a chance to examine a new Ecosport Titanium. It was actually a lot nicer and bigger then I thought it would be. It was loaded with most options including 4WD, the larger 2.0 4 cyl. engine, sunroof all available tech and best of all with all that equipment the sticker was...

Equipment Group 400A
TBA Axle Ratio
Perforated Leather-Trimmed Heated Bucket Seats
Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Capable
Front License Plate Bracket
SiriusXM Radio
SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System
SYNC Connect
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Air Conditioning
Electronic Stability Control
Front Bucket Seats
Front Center Armrest
Leather Shift Knob
Navigation System
Rear Parking Sensors
Spoiler
Tachometer
ABS brakes
Alloy wheels
Automatic temperature control
Brake assist
Bumpers: body-color
Delay-off headlights
Driver door bin
Driver vanity mirror
Dual front impact airbags
Dual front side impact airbags
Emergency communication system
Front anti-roll bar
Front fog lights
Front reading lights
Front wheel independent suspension
Fully automatic headlights
Heated door mirrors
Heated front seats
Illuminated entry
Knee airbag
Leather steering wheel
Low tire pressure warning

Occupant sensing airbag
Outside temperature display
Overhead airbag
Overhead console
Panic alarm
Passenger door bin
Passenger vanity mirror
Power door mirrors
Power driver seat
Power moonroof
Power steering
Power windows
Radio data system
Rain sensing wipers
Rear anti-roll bar
Rear seat center armrest
Rear side impact airbag
Rear window defroster
Rear window wiper
Remote keyless entry
Roof rack: rails only
Security system
Speed control
Speed-sensing steering
Split folding rear seat
Steering wheel mounted audio controls
Telescoping steering wheel
Tilt steering wheel
Traction control
Trip computer
Turn signal indicator mirrors
Variably intermittent wipers
Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror
10 Speakers
Blind Spot Sensor
Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60
000miles
Compass
AM/FM radio: SiriusXM
Exterior Parking Camera Rear

Year: 2018
Make: Ford
Model: Ecosport
Package: Titanium
Mileage: 0
Engine: 2.0L 4 CYL. GAS
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
Fuel: GAS
Drive Type: 4 WHEEL
Exterior Color: Smoke
Interior Color: Ebony Black

... $28,235

I was really shocked, I would have guessed $5K more

2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2018 Ecosport Titanium

Postby FRENCHY - March 6th, 2018, 8:02 am

I like those two tone EcoSport 2018 From Europe
Attachments
D7C751CD-E7A9-4C66-A554-3E6D8D003D59.jpeg
2018 EcoSport Europe
8591044C-A263-4C4C-9655-2FB42071E480.jpeg
2018 EcoSport Europe
8591044C-A263-4C4C-9655-2FB42071E480.jpeg (24.99 KIB) Viewed 3026 times
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby MadMax - March 6th, 2018, 1:20 pm

If they offer the two-tone here my guess is that it would probably be a mid-cycle refresh :shrug:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby raysfan - March 7th, 2018, 10:21 pm

At first, I really really liked these. It's a great looking vehicle. Though my intention was to keep my Escape for 15-20 years, I am approaching a point where I could downsize my daily driver. I was considering trading in (trading down) for an Ecosport and with the affordable sticker price and what I could get for a low mile mint condition Escape Limited, the damage would not be bad at all. However, when I saw the photos of the interior, I knew I would be keeping the Escape. That tacky glue-on looking display screen protruding awkwardly out of the dashboard is a deal breaker for me. I absolutely hate that look. Maybe it doesn't look so bad in person. I fear it may actually look worse.
raysfan

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby MadMax - March 8th, 2018, 6:12 am

I hear what you're saying, but when the same tacky, glued-on looking display screen shows up on a $50K Mercedes I figure I could live with it :shrug:

I think the Ecosport dash looks pretty nice :thumb:

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby raysfan - March 9th, 2018, 12:29 am

The photo above is of the Ecosport dash from straight on. The only person who has that view is someone sitting in the middle of the back seat - which is never. In this photo you can clearly see how I feel that screen looks like a cheap aftermarket Audiovox or Kenwood glue on. As for the Mercedes, in my opinion, it looks a bit crappy sticking out on that car as well but at least it is much smaller and doesn't have the funny mismatched knobs and buttons. I wonder if the screen retracts into the dash on the Mercedes when not in use? Of course style is completely subjective. For my tastes, that screen in the Ecosport is a deal breaker. Others may love it.
Attachments
EcoSport Dash.jpg
raysfan

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby bangster - March 9th, 2018, 12:37 am

Sure looks like an afterthought to me. I guess MAYBE if they offered the smaller screen like they do on some cars, that would be the result of getting the larger screen, but that is standard. I thought I would hate the larger Sync 3 in my Escape, but it fits just fine and looks like an integral part of the dash.

I don't think I could deal with a car without Android Auto any more. I have the poormans setup in my older car (phone in a dash cradle connected via bluetooth), but the integrated setup is nice, I hate when I just connect via bluetooth and can't do things like get incoming text read to me or ask Google to tell me a joke or an interesting fact, or how many ounces in a gallon.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby MadMax - March 9th, 2018, 6:08 am

Ok, I agree about the screen, but I'm seeing this "glued on" look in so many cars these days that it just no longer bothers me :shrug:

I still have a TomTom GPS hanging from the windshield in my Escape, so I guess anything is an improvement

MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby weebee - April 24th, 2018, 3:47 am

I drove one this last weekend. The drive and fit/finish was quite good. The one I drove was a SE model. With every feature I would want. I looked at the SES and the titanium models. But they had extras I didn't want. The one I drove was a 2018 4WD SE with the 2.0L TI- I-4 VCT GDI engine
The included SE options.
Added options:
Ruby Red MET TNTD paint
Clear coat
Auto climate control
SE convenience package
8" touch screen with voice Nav

With the current rebates/cash back offer, this one goes for
24,840.00 not including tax. A pretty good deal IMHO.

The 8" display would take getting used to. But the rest of the dash layout looks nice. I really liked the center info display. After driving a Crosstrek and C-max for almost 4 years the ride on the Ecosport felt taller and firm. But responsive. The seats were a lot like the C-max. Firm but comfortable even on long drives. After having two cars with no power seats. The 6 way power driver seat was well appreciated.
This could be a possible solution with getting back into a Ford SUV since my wife just doesn't care for the current Escape body style.
2014 Ford C-max SE. MFT/NAV/SAT power lift gate, remote start, winter package.
2014 Subaru CrossTrek Hybrid Touring. Heated leather, Nav/Sat , keyless entry/start.
weebee
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 13
My nickname: WeeBee
My vehicle: 2014 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid.
My vehicle's name: None yet

Postby RobtRoma - October 9th, 2018, 12:39 pm

I saw one on the road a couple days ago. Thought it was really oddly proportioned...
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment...

ImageImageImage
RobtRoma
Super Moderator and E-C's 100,000th AND 200,000th Poster

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: Rob
My vehicle: 2002 XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Mean Green Machine

Next

Return to Other Ford Models