RIP half of Fords lineup

Discuss other Ford models here!

RIP half of Fords lineup

Postby Escape94 - April 25th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Can anybody confirm this?? https://jalopnik.com/ford-will-phase-out-all-its-small-cars-in-north-america-1825544784 I knew the C-max was on its way out since a new FEH is coming back. Also knew the Focus RS was being axed in North America but seriously..killing off the focus entirely as well as the fusion?! I see these cars all over the road. This'll be rather sad though I can understand it since so many are buying SUVs and CUVs. Not sure how to feel about this.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: RIP half of Fords lineup

Postby MadMax - April 26th, 2018, 4:06 am

Best I can tell it's true. Hey, if no one's buying them why build them? It will be kind of weird not seeing anymore new full sized Ford sedans, but with all the new SUVs and crossovers Ford has planned in the next few years I doubt anyone will miss them
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby FRENCHY - April 26th, 2018, 7:02 am

Totally true!!

Just like Land Rover, Ford will built Trucks, VAN, SUV and CUV + the Mustang.
I am sure Lincoln will do the same, so no more Continental and MKX

Read several article during this month with the same statments
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby bangster - April 26th, 2018, 9:08 am

It is in their 2018 Q1 release. One car (Mustang), one cross/crossover "car" (like the Toyota C-HR and the Eclipse Cross), then all trucks, CUVs, SUVs.

I will have to pick from the used vehicles for my next to next vehicle I buy. I find it silly that people need to sit up higher and higher. That is the only reason my wife wanted a CUV. Gave up a lot to sit up higher, like fuel mileage, NVH, comfort.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby MadMax - April 26th, 2018, 5:53 pm

bangster wrote:It is in their 2018 Q1 release. One car (Mustang), one cross/crossover "car" (like the Toyota C-HR and the Eclipse Cross), then all trucks, CUVs, SUVs.

I will have to pick from the used vehicles for my next to next vehicle I buy. I find it silly that people need to sit up higher and higher. That is the only reason my wife wanted a CUV. Gave up a lot to sit up higher, like fuel mileage, NVH, comfort.

You do realize that this is a sit 'em up high Ford Escape forum, don't you? Most of us like sitting up high, that's why we bought them
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby Harry Hood - April 28th, 2018, 5:41 pm

While gas prices are climbing back up...not too bright.
2014 Escape Titanium 4WD, white platinum
2012 Harley Davidson FLSTC, pearl white
Harry Hood

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!
My vehicle: 2014 Escape Titanium

Return to Other Ford Models