2018 EcoSport Recall

Discuss other Ford models here!

2018 EcoSport Recall

Postby Charles - July 6th, 2018, 6:59 am

Saw this on another site.

Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Ecosport vehicles sold in the United States Federal Territories. These vehicles were shipped with the European brake reservoir pictogram cap label and the European English language owner’s manual kits. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 135, “Light Vehicle Brake Systems.” Owners could be confused by the incorrect label on the brake fluid cap, potentially causing them to replace the brake fluid with an incorrect fluid which could affect brake performance, increasing the risk of a crash. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake fluid cap and owner’s manual kit, free of charge. The recall was expected to begin June 18, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 18C04.
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; K&W 500 Series Chest Toolbox
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2018 EcoSport Recall

Postby weebee - July 7th, 2018, 3:55 am

I saw that. Though I'm not involved with that one. I am included on this one though. It's minor. But I'm having it done in a week or so.

Customer Satisfaction Program 18B07 – Body Control Module Programming – 2018 Ford EcoSport
When a customer uses the remote start through either SYNC connect or with a Factory Invoiced Accessory (FIA) remote start, the powertrain malfunction lamp (wrench lamp) will illuminate, the See Manual message will appear in the Instrument Panel Cluster Message Center, and Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P166A will set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). There is no impact to vehicle functionality, but the warnings will remain illuminated for the duration of the drive cycle every time remote start is used. These warnings will not appear on subsequent drive cycles when the remote start feature is not used to start the vehicle

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3515/customer-s ... d-ecosport
2014 Ford C-max SE. MFT/NAV/SAT power lift gate, remote start, winter package.
2014 Subaru CrossTrek Hybrid Touring. Heated leather, Nav/Sat , keyless entry/start.
weebee
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 13
My nickname: WeeBee
My vehicle: 2014 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid.
My vehicle's name: None yet

Re: 2018 EcoSport Recall

Postby winwinxx11 - August 14th, 2019, 5:05 am

Ford Motor Company is a dealer with a network anywhere around the world.
winwinxx11

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Other Ford Models