2015 Ford SuperDuty F450

Discuss other Ford models here!

2015 Ford SuperDuty F450

Postby Charles - June 20th, 2019, 4:27 pm

It has been awhile since I posted anything about our present Ford. We have had our 2015 Ford F450 Platinum since March 2017. We have put in excess of 52,000 miles on the odometer since we have purchased her. We have only had one unscheduled maintenance visit on the truck.

We have towed "Columbo", our 2017 Heartland Landmark Charleston 5th wheel in excess of 20,000 miles. We call our 5th wheel, "Columbo", because it always seems to need "one more thing"!!! :hyst:

I know you are wondering how much all this weighs going down the road. The last time I checked on the CAT Scale, the weight of the fully loaded truck plus the fully loaded 5th wheel is a little over 29,000 lbs (approximately 13,500 kg for those of you North of the Border). The new tank (full of 60 gallons of diesel fuel) will add about 500 additional pounds.

Here is a pic when we got to the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN for the 2019 Heartland Owners Club International Rally.

IMG_5525.jpg

We were also lucky enough to be captured in a YouTube entering the Fairgrounds complex.

I ended up getting a 60 gallon auxiliary tank and new toolbox installed on the truck along with a Mor Ryde CRE3000 suspension upgrade and Mor Ryde Heavy Duty Shackle Bolts installed on the 5th wheel. Wife and I also splurged on a new theater seat that has power recline, heat as well as massage. :yahoo:
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; K&W 500 Series Chest Toolbox
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2015 Ford SuperDuty F450

Postby Charles - December 3rd, 2019, 3:31 pm

I will be reaching the 100,000 mile milestone on or before the end of December. As of now, my mileage is 99,xxx miles.

This Ford has been very reliable mechanically. I have only had it in the shop twice in the last two years for non-fluid related items. It is still intact with regard to the emissions system.

She is an expensive beast to operate in my present configuration at $0.272 / mile to operate. It is probably a third more expensive that either of my two Escapes.
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; K&W 500 Series Chest Toolbox
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Return to Other Ford Models