ISO radio/clock display for 2008-2012 Escape

For sale, for trade, or maybe even for free!
Forum rules
Escape City cannot be held responsible for the results of transactions between members. Escape City encourages members to use PayPal, which has a dispute resolution process to help protect both buyers and sellers.

ISO radio/clock display for 2008-2012 Escape

Postby zciwogor - July 28th, 2020, 12:04 pm

My radio/clock display screen is almost unreadable except at night. The plastic lens is scratched and the plastic is barely transparent. I am looking for a replacement, preferably in the Portland, Oregon area. I’m trying to keep the budget down. Please let me know what you’ve got, where you’re located, and what you are looking to get for it.
zciwogor

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: ISO radio/clock display for 2008-2012 Escape

Postby bangster - July 28th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Good luck with your search. eBay sellers really want a lot of money for these! I pulled one (for a 2012 Fusion, so it says Fusion instead of Escape...) for the FDIM with canbus controller project someone posted here. When asked what it was at the you pull it junk yard, I said a clock (that is one thing it does...) so it was $5...last time I pulled one they wanted $25 for it (still a relative bargain, but more than I was willing to spend on a project).
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
Congratulations on reaching 750 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby zciwogor - July 30th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't checked my local wrecking yards in a while and was surprised to see a new enough escape. I did find the clock display, unfortunately it was just as scratched as mine. That said, since it was $10 and I now had an extra, I pulled it apart a bit and realized the plastic screen was just attached with adhesive. After some prying, it came off without too much trouble. I went down to my local TAP Plastics and had them cut me a piece of 3/32 smoked plexiglass. I used the residual adhesive to stick it on, it's actually held in place pretty well by the bezel, so I didn't worry about it too much, and it looks better than new.
zciwogor

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - July 30th, 2020, 5:32 pm

That is great to hear, I could have posted images of mine taken apart if it would have helped you, they are slightly different as mine is silver steel and the Escape seems to be black and possibly plastic, and I couldn't tell if the face was held on the same way. The existing one in my car, and the one I pulled, are pretty scratched up as well, enough that I get weird reflections off it if I have the sunroof open or a window (I have really dark tint).
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
Congratulations on reaching 750 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Return to Swap 'n Shop