Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems logging in?

970K views 84 replies 31 participants last post by  Colleen 
#1 ·
Hola,

I made some changes to the site this morning. If you have trouble logging in, click the Delete All Board Cookies link on the lower right side of the page. Also, delete any cookies stored by your browser.

I wasn't able to get in here myself until I cleared out cookies, and then it worked fine again.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but people were having trouble signing up and/or logging in, and these changes will fix things going forward.

-JP

For help with logging in or account activations, please send an e-mail to ec.activate@gmail.com with your username and the issue you are having. For users with an activated account but who still cannot log in, please include which browser you are using. Do not include your password! That is confidential information and no one will ever ask you for it.

#2 ·
Hi JPark,

Just wanted to let you know the "Delete All Board Cookies" link didn't work for me. I was having the same problem where it would tell me I logged in successfully but I would go to the Board Index and I wouldn't be logged in... but my Screen Name was listed as browsing the forums... Odd.

I'm using IE7 on Vista (No SP1). To get it to work I manually deleted all my cookies (Tools > Internet Options > Delete > Delete Cookies).

Thanks for working so diligently :)

#6 ·
RobtRoma said:
Hi JPark,

Just wanted to let you know the "Delete All Board Cookies" link didn't work for me. I was having the same problem where it would tell me I logged in successfully but I would go to the Board Index and I wouldn't be logged in... but my Screen Name was listed as browsing the forums... Odd.
Ditto for me. :shrug:

Using IE on windows 2000 (I think). :worry:

#7 ·
Squishy said:
Manually deleting my cookies didn't work either, but I don't know if I just needed to try it again. I deleted my temperorary internet files and browsing history for the second try, and it worked.
I actually deleted my temperorary internet files and browsing history before logging in as well. I forgot to mention that...

#16 ·
Wingsfan said:
jpark said:
Wingsfan said:
Everything works after deleting everything, I'll probably hear it from my wife when she gets on later, but oh well :shrug:
Send me the cleaning bill.

:bill:
Nah, she was fine, actually I think the computer runs a little better now.
I make it a habit of clearing the cookies, temporary internet files, and history on our computers on a regular basis. Yes, I do believe that it makes them run better as quite a bit can accumulate over time, if not cleaned out. :)

#18 ·
cbramsey said:
I deleted all the board cookies and deleted the cookies under Internet Options as well. It appeared to work!! :yahoo:
Same here. :)

#19 ·
jpark said:
If you have trouble logging in, click the Delete All Board Cookies link on the lower right side of the page.
Worked perfectly on my home PC with IE7 on Vista (SP1). Just thought you might want to know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.