Supercharged 2005 V6 AWD Escape SVT $9,750 obo

For sale, for trade, or maybe even for free!
Forum rules
Escape City cannot be held responsible for the results of transactions between members. Escape City encourages members to use PayPal, which has a dispute resolution process to help protect both buyers and sellers.

Re: Supercharged 2005 V6 AWD Escape SVT $9,750 obo

Postby S-caped 1 - August 9th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Sounds like your old Escape is ready to be put out to pasture. Sorry to hear that.
If it's any consolation to you, my Escape is stuck up on a pair of jack stands until the end of the month when my new brakes are expected to be shipped out. They are delayed until August 31st! grrr! I ended up going with StopTech Cryo drilled/slotted rotors from AutoAnything. PartsTrain sent me the wrong pads/rotors (the rotors were about 1" too small as they were for the Escape's with the rear drum brakes, not rear disc brakes.) Unfortunately, I did not realize that until I had removed the old front pads and rotors. Also, they didn't have the right ones in stock. So, my baby gets to sit on a pair of jack-stands in the driveway until the new ones arrive. I'm driving my Father-In-Law's '09 Focus until they arrive. At least it's a 5 speed so it's a bit more fun to drive than an automatic Focus. To say "thanks" to him I am surprising him doing a tune-up and replacing his stock front and rear sway bar links and bushings with MOOG links and Prothane sway bar bushings. His knock like crazy (they're original and the car just hit 100k) and it's driving me CRAZY not getting my wrenches dirty on it.
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2005 Escape SVT Supercharged
My vehicle's name: El Escapè

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby AhuraMazda04 - August 11th, 2015, 3:57 am

S-caped 1 wrote:Sounds like your old Escape is ready to be put out to pasture. Sorry to hear that.
If it's any consolation to you, my Escape is stuck up on a pair of jack stands until the end of the month when my new brakes are expected to be shipped out. They are delayed until August 31st! grrr! I ended up going with StopTech Cryo drilled/slotted rotors from AutoAnything. PartsTrain sent me the wrong pads/rotors (the rotors were about 1" too small as they were for the Escape's with the rear drum brakes, not rear disc brakes.) Unfortunately, I did not realize that until I had removed the old front pads and rotors. Also, they didn't have the right ones in stock. So, my baby gets to sit on a pair of jack-stands in the driveway until the new ones arrive. I'm driving my Father-In-Law's '09 Focus until they arrive. At least it's a 5 speed so it's a bit more fun to drive than an automatic Focus. To say "thanks" to him I am surprising him doing a tune-up and replacing his stock front and rear sway bar links and bushings with MOOG links and Prothane sway bar bushings. His knock like crazy (they're original and the car just hit 100k) and it's driving me CRAZY not getting my wrenches dirty on it.

Thanks for your condolences, I disagree though. Like I have said I am "hard" on my Mazda and I look at it this way. I have invested into maintenance and at 150k my engine and trans. are original and seem fine (engine is spotless inside and trans. has been through hell and survived shifting fine), my interior is in great shape and I still get compliments on the legroom in the back. I am justifying this works as "it's been through what most cars never see in their lifetime and still manages to start as fast as you turn the key". Not to mention newer cars seem to be getting worse quality wise and I couldn't afford one even if I was in the mindset to buy one. Lol mine is on jack stands too lookie what I found! : Image

I'm not sure what's sadder: the fact it took me so long to notice this or that fact I fooled myself (vain hope) into thinking that it might supposed to look like that. Waiting on Partsgeek to send me my new ones! You ever find Poly bushings for the Escape?
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Postby S-caped 1 - August 12th, 2015, 11:24 pm

I understand completely. I usually keep my vehicles until well past the 200k mark (even if that means resurrecting them a few times along the way.) Those control arms look like they were used on the set of Mad Max! I never did look into poly bushings for my Escape. I imagine they make them (maybe not specifically for the vehicle but if I knew the dimensions I could probably find them.)
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby AhuraMazda04 - August 13th, 2015, 6:40 pm

S-caped 1 wrote:I understand completely. I usually keep my vehicles until well past the 200k mark (even if that means resurrecting them a few times along the way.) Those control arms look like they were used on the set of Mad Max! I never did look into poly bushings for my Escape. I imagine they make them (maybe not specifically for the vehicle but if I knew the dimensions I could probably find them.)

I just got my control arms in today actually. Mevotech brand, I had high hopes as they were not cheap Dorman ones. One boot has a leak, the other was missing its grease fitting, and one was stiff like new and another felt good but not "New". It's sad, when a part arrives on my doorstep I feel like a child on Christmas day. Then I took my front tires off and discovered that one grease zerk was blocked on one of my lower ball joints and a tie rod end boot swelled and got grease everywhere (the boot clip was useless) so I used mechanic's wire and greased it. You get what you pay for when you buy cheap. Yeah I figured the same about the bushings, I had hoped you would just have the part #'s. After all this work I heard a clunking in the rear as it turns out the shock wasn't tightened all the way and this resolved the issue. Now it feels much better driving and it broke the tires loose just leaving the neighborhood (seems it was eager to leave the garage). I still got work to do but, at least things are improving. :peace:
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby AhuraMazda04 - August 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm

AhuraMazda04 wrote:
S-caped 1 wrote:I understand completely. I usually keep my vehicles until well past the 200k mark (even if that means resurrecting them a few times along the way.) Those control arms look like they were used on the set of Mad Max! I never did look into poly bushings for my Escape. I imagine they make them (maybe not specifically for the vehicle but if I knew the dimensions I could probably find them.)

I just got my control arms in today actually. Mevotech brand, I had high hopes as they were not cheap Dorman ones. One boot has a leak, the other was missing its grease fitting, and one was stiff like new and another felt good but not "New". It's sad, when a part arrives on my doorstep I feel like a child on Christmas day. Then I took my front tires off and discovered that one grease zerk was blocked on one of my lower ball joints and a tie rod end boot swelled and got grease everywhere (the boot clip was useless) so I used mechanic's wire and greased it. You get what you pay for when you buy cheap. Yeah I figured the same about the bushings, I had hoped you would just have the part #'s. After all this work I heard a clunking in the rear as it turns out the shock wasn't tightened all the way and this resolved the issue. Now it feels much better driving and it broke the tires loose just leaving the neighborhood (seems it was eager to leave the garage). I still got work to do but, at least things are improving. :peace:

B.T.W. Don't say MadMax too many times or else he appears....
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby S-caped 1 - August 23rd, 2015, 6:03 pm

I'd be more concerned about Master Blaster or Tina Turner!
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby S-caped 1 - August 23rd, 2015, 6:42 pm

Y'all are KILLING me! lol. The price has now been lowered to $8,500, without the Mustang wheels (I'm saving those for my '67 T-bird.) I bought my new car so my wife wants her parking spot back on the driveway, so the Escape MUST GO! It will come with the stock wheels with a near-new matching set of Goodyear all terrains.
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Escape94 - August 24th, 2015, 9:44 am

craigslist? ebay? ads around your area?

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Postby AhuraMazda04 - August 24th, 2015, 3:51 pm

S-caped 1 wrote:Y'all are KILLING me! lol. The price has now been lowered to $8,500, without the Mustang wheels (I'm saving those for my '67 T-bird.) I bought my new car so my wife wants her parking spot back on the driveway, so the Escape MUST GO! It will come with the stock wheels with a near-new matching set of Goodyear all terrains.

I'll trade you.... :) or you could donate it to a good cause (such as me turning it into a track car)
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby S-caped 1 - August 24th, 2015, 9:53 pm

AhuraMazda04 wrote:
S-caped 1 wrote:Y'all are KILLING me! lol. The price has now been lowered to $8,500, without the Mustang wheels (I'm saving those for my '67 T-bird.) I bought my new car so my wife wants her parking spot back on the driveway, so the Escape MUST GO! It will come with the stock wheels with a near-new matching set of Goodyear all terrains.

I'll trade you.... :) or you could donate it to a good cause (such as me turning it into a track car)

My wife would kill me! I've listed it on Craig's List (in several surrounding cities) and Car Gurus. I'm hitting up a bunch of car shows/cruise nights and if it doesn't sell by late fall I might toss it on eBay. I just hate all the eBay fees. A local car place offered me $6,500 for it to use as their promotional/billboard vehicle. I may take that.
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4

PreviousNext

Return to Swap 'n Shop