Show Your... Rental?

Post your pictures here!

Show Your... Rental?

Postby tang - January 9th, 2012, 5:59 pm

The Escape's back in the shop for the steering column repair (finally, since I was able to have it replicate on command for chance). I missed the black Crown Victoria LX rental by about ten minutes and ended up with this baby:

For starters: remote start, leather, butt warmers, rear-viewing camera, remote/power sliding doors, DVD player with screens for the rear passengers, Sirius radio with what appears to be an upgraded sound system... and a full tank of gas all to myself. I don't need to replenish any of the gas and the guy who wrote up my (paid) rental happens to live in an adjacent building in my apartment complex.

:D

Show what you got... whether it's a warranty repair or road trip rental! Feel free to dig some memories from past rentals too... I might, and probably will. I know of a few that will get people laughing.

PM with wheel questions.
past, but still with the family: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Show Your... Rental?

Postby mattadams - January 9th, 2012, 7:37 pm

I rent cars almost every week... could get to be very long... :)
Matt Adams
2010 Silver XLT Escape
mattadams

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2010 Silver Escape XLT

Postby futameca - January 9th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Only a few that I can remember...

Back in the day, vacation in Chicago...

Couple years ago, vacation in Seattle.

Last year while the Barcolounger On Wheels was getting repaired from a hit and run accident.

2013 Ruby Red Ford Focus Hatchback SE
2013 Sterling Gray Met. Ford C-Max Hybrid SE
1959 GMC Series 100 Fleet Option ----------> Dixie
2005 Redfire Metallic Ford Escape XLT V6 4x4 - Traded in May 2014 :(

futameca

E-C LEVEL 9
My nickname: Tom
My vehicle: 2013 C-Max Hybrid & Focus

Postby nfdude04 - January 11th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Last year I took a trip to Alaska. Had a reservation for a small compact car (the cheapest route) lol. Got there and the car rental place had none at their location at the time! :doh: But they did however give me the Toyota mini-van that had less than 15,000 miles for the same price! I am not much for vans at all but this thing was very nice! Not too bad for my first ever rental haha :thumb:

This spring my girlfriend and I plan on a trip to the Seattle Washington area and plan on doing some serious hiking out there in the mountains and we are going to see about finding a place the offers Ford Escapes for rentals! :yahoo:
2002 Ford Escape XLS 2.0 4x4- Daily Driver
2001 Ford Escape XLT 3.0 4x4 -Retired with 285,000+ miles!
2002 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Diesel- My big toy
1996 Ford Mustang GT - My fast toy (had it over 10 years!)
nfdude04

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: nfdude04
My vehicle: 02 Escape XLS 2.0 5-speed 4x4

Postby S-caped 1 - January 13th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Rented this baby a few years ago to go home for Thanksgiving. A black VW Jetta 2.5. base model but still loaded. I love the interior lighting (red and purple). I drove the :censor: out of this thing, like I stole it and it still got well over 30mpg. Had the sport shifting automatic. Too bad my back and butt were killing me from the horrible seats though.
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2005 Escape SVT Supercharged
My vehicle's name: El Escapè

Postby dustymedic - January 25th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Last time we rented a car was when the wife & I went to Sanibel Florida for our 20th anniversary. Made me realize I had to get rid of my Chrysler and 2 months later, I got my E...

"I'm the guy standing in background shaking his head when people show a complete lack of common sense...."

The very nature of public safety work causes Charles Darwin to spin in his grave.
dustymedic

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2018 Escape Titanium AWD

Postby jonas1022 - January 25th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Most recent rental for me was a black Impala from Enterprise. No pics, but if you have seen one black Impala, you have seen them all. Same with the previous two other rentals; Hyundia Sonata and Hyundia Sonata...both silver/gray. ;)

I did get a nifty Dodge a few years ago, Challenger!!!! Sorry, but I didn't take a photo of that thing either. :hide:
aka "David"

“Love the people who treat you right. Pray for those who don't”
jonas1022
Award-Winning Bullitt Tribute Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: aka David
My vehicle: 01 Mustang Bullitt, 08 Tribute

Postby Stormscape - January 31st, 2012, 5:33 am

Can't find my actual pictures, SD card is hiding from me atm, but this what I rented when I came home to Florida for 2 weeks. I wasn't planning to rent a vehicle, but after nightmare airport delays and getting routed to Tampa for a 9:30pm arrival (vs waiting for Chicago O'Hare's next flight to Fort Myers at 4:30pm the next day) I just drove the extra two hours home and kept this Cruze for a week.

Having owned a 96 Ranger, 01 Santa Fe and my 10 Escape I wasn't used to driving cars. The seats were comfortable, but the ride felt too connected to the ground, poor visability compared to Stormscape and was a chore to get my 6'1 frame in and out of the thing (I pretty much did a combat roll to get out in my parent's driveway). It did have a nice entertainment package however, very similar voice commands and functionality to Sync, but the coolest thing was the FM radio could display the radio station name and song information. The Cruze felt underpowered and skittish, but I attribute that to going from a V6 AWD to a I4 FWD. The shifter also took some getting used to, being higher up the center column and further away than the Escape's. Still, not a bad ride for a week.

Stormscape

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My nickname: Nick
My vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: Stormscape

Postby ISU01XCapeXLT - January 31st, 2012, 10:27 am

Not THE one I rented, but exactly alike...

2012 Mustang V6. It had under 8,000 miles on the ticker. 3.7L V6. 300+HP It was a beauty to drive.

--------2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4----------------2010 Ford Edge Limited----------2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
ISU01XCapeXLT
First poster on E-C's SECOND new server

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Mantruck101 - January 31st, 2012, 10:34 pm

Stormscape wrote:It did have a nice entertainment package however, very similar voice commands and functionality to Sync, but the coolest thing was the FM radio could display the radio station name and song information.

Your Escape's radio can do that too. Find the RDS setting and turn it on.
Current: 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD - 49K
Sold: 2010 Escape XLT V6 4WD -125K+ miles when I handed over the keys :-(
Mantruck101

E-C LEVEL 7
Congratulations on reaching 1,500 posts!
My vehicle: 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD
My vehicle's name: The Meatball

Next

Return to Pictures