It's okay looking, but gutless. The Android auto helped along the way
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Show Your... Rental?

Postby Charles - September 15th, 2016, 9:42 am

Not my rental but is is my daughters current rental. It is a 2017 Escape SE.

ImageImage

I asked her which engine it had. Her response was, "It's got an EcoBoost!"
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Re: Show Your... Rental?

Postby Charles - March 9th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Had the chance to revive this thread. Had to take a trip two days ago. I had my hopes for a 2020 Escape but ended up with a 2020 Jeep Compass. As you can see, this Jeep had the TrailHawk package.

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

Not sure as to what 4 cylinder engine but it was pretty peppy. Didn't have a turbo though.

Pros:

It did what I needed it to do rather inexpensively.
It had Apple Car Play. First chance I had to interface with it. The Car Play screen is shown in the second picture. Apple Maps directions worked well. I was able to receive calls easier than the Sync with MFT I have in my SuperDuty. I was able to listen to text messages and compose voice replies which were sent with Siri's help. It also easily integrated my Apple Music account.
The seats were very comfortable and did a good job of holding you in place.

Cons:

Lack of headroom. Had to take off my hat to get into the car. This would have been true if I had gotten an Escape as well.
This one had engine Auto Stop/Start. Not my cup of tea. There is a button to temporarily disable this feature.
It was difficult for me to get into and out of the car. If I was 25 years or so younger, this wouldn't have been an issue.
Tiny gas tank. I had to put in gas 3 times over the last two days to ensure it was filled when I returned it this afternoon.

The only thing I didn't care for with the Apple Car Play is I had to use a cord to connect the phone to the car.
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Previous

Return to Pictures