Switch to full site
Post your pictures here!
Post a reply

My 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic Limited

April 23rd, 2012, 9:26 pm

Here are my obligatory pictures after buying the Escape almost 2 weeks ago now. I just gave it a quick wash- nothing to be really proud of. I found a few orange scuffs in the paint that easily came out. I still need to remove the dealer badge glue goo from above the Escape badge. And I can't wait to ditch the dealer plates- I could do it now but...... that takes effort. All that chrome is a major pain in the butt while drying.

So far no issues at all with it. Since it's not "mine" the SYNC system hasn't been fully utilized but my wife is enjoying the bluetooth hands-free calling, the satellite radio and the backup camera.

Its first road trip will be around July 4th this summer. We are driving from CO to WI for a week and a half or so. Couple stops along the way but nothing too exciting. It's going to get loaded up with a Thule cargo box on the roof and a 2" receiver for a bike rack. We've made roughly this same trip in my '97 Explorer last summer and eeked out a one tank best of 18 mpg (loaded the same)- I'm hoping the Escape will do better and have an icier A/C.

So.... here it is. The kids have named it "Grey Beauty"- we had a rental Durango in FL that was black that they called "Black Beauty". Escapes are everywhere in the Denver metro area so this thing is certainly not unique in the least. But I think it's going to be a great vehicle in the years to come.

Re: My 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic Limited

April 23rd, 2012, 10:42 pm

Good photos, the camera is nice, and although I still do a good search I use the backup camera more than I thought. She will like the Bluetooth, and I believe you can pair two phones to SYNC and have yours. You can't use them both at the same time though. Have the driver connected to bluetooth and the passenger use phone as normal.

April 23rd, 2012, 11:32 pm

nice :thumb:

April 23rd, 2012, 11:50 pm

Dealer plates just look like wrap-arounds with some vinyl displays in place. A socket wrench with the right adapter should do the trick.... although I can't tell. For my car, a few Phillips hold the plates in place.

April 23rd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Oh, the dealer plates and plate frames will be going in the trash (maybe recycle bin) when the permanent plates arrive. I just don't feel like doing anything about until then.

April 24th, 2012, 12:10 am

Nice looking ride! Congrats. :beer:

April 24th, 2012, 12:45 am

I just caught this.........is that a Silver F150 in your neighbors driveway? First photo.

April 24th, 2012, 2:56 am

You don't seem too excited :?

It's a really nice truck :thumb:

April 24th, 2012, 5:53 am

Nice 12 E Limited ExplorerTom :thumb: :thumb:

Frenchy

April 24th, 2012, 8:12 am

:thumb:
Good choice on the color!!