Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture thread

Post your pictures here!

Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture thread

Postby Rook - December 31st, 2014, 3:53 am

I decided that I would share my EDC and BOBs, I have multiple setups for summer/winter, long travel/everyday, and basically if I decide that I need more. I'm sharing my basic bag which I bring to my car, take into work, and bring it home again. I also have my EDC and myactive shooter rig.

I will share my car setup here and in my mod thread but not my main bag.

This is what I have with me at all times, left to right.
Notebook (spare id, spare cash, spare credit card, & copy of certifications), pens, Cold Steel Recon clip point, 64gb flash drive (various financial, id info, family photos, and enerainment for day to day), portable battery with charging cable.
Also carried but not shown; wallet, keys, Samsung GS4 and, Casio G-shock XL

I use two bags, the mobile bag is a modified Carhartt backpack, the other is a 5.11 active shooter bag. The 5.11 stays at home, NJ has a bad history of locking people up then deciding they weren't braking the law months or years later.

In the 5.11 I have
ammo; .40, .223, & .22
Spare mags for all
Medical blow out kit
Cleaning kit
Spare batteries
NODs (monocular)
IDs and credentials
Energy bars
Iodine tabs
Cigarettes

I use two bags, the mobile bag is a modified Carhartt backpack, the other is a 5.11 active shooter bag.

Knife with firestarter and mini pry bar in side area

In the zippered pouch with patches, mechanix gloves & tin with fishing kit

Here is the large outer compartment.
There is a pelican case with IDs, photos, stamps and credentials. Poncho, pens, sharpies, pocket constitution, notepad, hand sanitizer, Cold Steel Recon XL clip point, calyume sticks, and a rag.

Main compartment minus 2 MREs currently being swapped out.
Change of clothes, 2 extra pairs of socks in space bag.
Crank radio/charger.
3 days water, in 8oz pouches.
Lifestraw
Canned goods
Trauma kit
Duct tape
Camera with extra batteries
Camelbak bottle
Streamlight Survivor with extra battery
In the bag, soon to be a maxpedition pouch, is a length of 550 cord, hygiene supplies, mylar blankets, more calyume sticks, spare batteries, iodine tabs, and a couple of other odds and ends.
Cigarettes, airline size bottles of vodka

I'm still adding too, the carhartt is almost full but.my camp duffle needs a lot of work.

Apart from this I have a camp supply duffle, a duffle for winter with warm clothes, and my main bag that stays at home.

I lived out of these during hurricane Sandy, my home wasn't damaged thankfully so I spent a lot of time with the Fire dept and First Aid, it was so bad that I was eventually riding with PD to medical calls because the national guard shut the beach and 5 blocks down. Power was out for two weeks and most stores were closed, 711 opened up in about a week. I'm glad I had this stuff, and luckily didnt need to use all of it.
Last edited by Rook on December 31st, 2014, 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
POWERED BY: TheCHIVE

2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD:
A.K.A. Doctor Krieger

MODs: New to me, 2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 4WD
Emergency response: My Emergency Light install thread
EDC/BOB thread:Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture thread

Supernatural wrote:Crowley: "She was a horrible mother. Did I tell you the time that she almost traded me for three pigs, three! I was an attractive child, I could juggle. I was worth five pigs, at least."
Rook

E-C LEVEL 7
Congratulations on reaching 1,500 posts!
My nickname: Rook
My vehicle: 2010 Escape LTD V6 4WD
My vehicle's name: Dr. Krieger

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Everyday carry (EDC) and Bug Out Bag (BOB) picture threa

Postby Meatloafmountain - December 31st, 2014, 4:42 am

EDC: wallet, XD9 (13+1), HTC 1 M8 phone, and two coins. One was given to me by the Chief Master Sergeant of my wing when I graduated top of my class from a leadership school; the other given to me in Afghanistan by my Sergeant Major.

Standard, day by day for the Escape. Complete tool kit, kit with five MREs, an Army IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit), wipes, rags, gloves, a jacket, jumper cables, a knife, fix a flat bottle, matches, and a couple of other small items.

Inside the small compartment by the passenger side rear wheel:

E-tool, two 20,000 pound straps, two ratchet straps, and a bag full of extra batteries.

Overnight in the winter: extra cold weather clothes and a blanket.

Within easy reach inside the cabin: holster for XD9, Leatherman, bottom pouch full of MREs, top one full of maps, pens, and a couple of other goodies.

Water is added if I take the Escape anywhere out of city limits.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Postby ExplorerTom - December 31st, 2014, 7:32 am

Let's see how fast this gets locked since there's a picture of someone exercising their 2nd amendment right........ And another post implying it.

I'm woefully under prepared. Aside from a general toolkit, some spare coolant, a bottle of washer fluid and my CCW, that's all I carry in my car. And I drive 140 miles a day- half in the early morning out in country.
ExplorerTom

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: '06 Mariner & '12 Escape

Postby AmericanPride - December 31st, 2014, 9:14 am

Well, the wife just got me a new BOB. Image

Just gotta fill her up.

I carry all kinds of stuff in my go bag. Meds, tourniquet, high strength 550 cord, medic scissors, emergency blanket, etc...

I'm an Eagle Scout, so I pack plenty
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby Harry Hood - December 31st, 2014, 10:12 am

ExplorerTom wrote:Let's see how fast this gets locked since there's a picture of someone exercising their 2nd amendment right........ And another post implying it.

I'm woefully under prepared. Aside from a general toolkit, some spare coolant, a bottle of washer fluid and my CCW, that's all I carry in my car. And I drive 140 miles a day- half in the early morning out in country.

Yet you're still ahead of me. I usually have winter clothes, sometimes a small shovel, and leather/window wipes (and my CCW if I'm not in the People's Republic of MD, which I am too often since I work there). No food, nothing more than a part bottle of water.
2014 Escape Titanium 4WD, white platinum
2012 Harley Davidson FLSTC, pearl white
Harry Hood

E-C LEVEL 3
Congratulations on reaching 250 posts!
My vehicle: 2014 Escape Titanium

Postby Escape94 - December 31st, 2014, 10:44 am

I just keep a survival knife in my glove box, an inverter in the center console, and a roadside emergency bag in the wet trunk. You guys are all set and well prepared.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Postby Meatloafmountain - December 31st, 2014, 12:01 pm

Rook wrote:In the 5.11 I have
ammo; .40, .223, & .22
Spare mags for all
Medical blow out kit
Cleaning kit
Spare batteries
NODs (monocular)
IDs and credentials
Energy bars
Iodine tabs
Cigarettes

Iodine tablets. :doh: How have I forgotten these? I used them plenty in SERE. Thanks for the reminder. I also need to go pick up a box of spare fuses and put my glowsticks in my truck. I really have no excuse.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Postby underthetire - December 31st, 2014, 2:22 pm

Wow, you can find .22 ammo? That's like finding a golden goose around here.
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Postby AmericanPride - December 31st, 2014, 3:11 pm

underthetire wrote:Wow, you can find .22 ammo? That's like finding a golden goose around here.

I know the feeling. It was hard here for a long time. If you wanted any, you had to be on the phone everyday.

I found somewhere with 325 bricks of Federal Auto Match for $23-$26 out the door.

I've been slowly stocking up a little bit over the last year. I decided to just fill up the space on my shelf designated for 22. The problem, is somehow more shelf space keeps appearing for it.
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Postby AmericanPride - December 31st, 2014, 3:14 pm

Whoops. I forgot what forum this was. Please don't hammer me :o
AmericanPride

E-C LEVEL 7

Next

Return to Pictures