Consolidated War Wagon build thread.

Post your pictures here!

Re: Weathertec floors mats and Saddleman seat covers (pics)

Postby Meatloafmountain - February 10th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Torontonian wrote:Just recently got the WeatherTech mats for my front seats as well... They fit great but have you found water will leak through via the post mounts?
I had a lot of snow melt off my boots and when I pulled the mat out to dump all the water, I noticed the carpet underneath was soaked.
Ever since I've made sure to get rid of excess water quickly and it seems to be OK. The only place I can see water leaking is through the mount for the mat posts.

Once I have arrived back in Anchorage, I'll check my mats. I'd be extremely disappointed if the floor underneath was soaked after the money I spent.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby dunneldeen - February 26th, 2014, 1:49 am

Torontonian wrote:Just recently got the WeatherTech mats for my front seats as well... They fit great but have you found water will leak through via the post mounts?
I had a lot of snow melt off my boots and when I pulled the mat out to dump all the water, I noticed the carpet underneath was soaked.
Ever since I've made sure to get rid of excess water quickly and it seems to be OK. The only place I can see water leaking is through the mount for the mat posts.

Do your mats have the post mount covers? I got my mats today and it looks pretty well sealed. My new mats have the post mounts enclosed and appear water tight, see below.

---
2012 Ford Escape XLT
dunneldeen

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT

Postby DanTheMan16 - February 26th, 2014, 2:16 am

Those mats look awesome. I bought the Husky mats but yours look like they fit a lot better.
DanTheMan16

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2003 Ford Escape Limited 3.0L

Postby dunneldeen - February 26th, 2014, 4:56 am

The post mounts seem like more of a formality, really. The Weathertech mats fit so snug that there is nowhere to slide. I've got them in front, back and cargo area, and and I love them. Definitely not a small purchase though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
---
2012 Ford Escape XLT
dunneldeen

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT

Spyder Headlights and Plasti-Dip wheels (Pic Heavy)

Postby Meatloafmountain - March 10th, 2014, 8:34 pm

First, let's take a trip down memory lane and remember what my E looked like when I bought her in Little Rock:

and now:

Plasti-dipped wheels. This was one of the easiest mods to do, and almost had the most dramatic effect besides the grille guard. I watched a couple of Youtube videos, but I found the light, "machine gun" effect the guy was doing with the spray pattern really wasn't my style.

At first, I was going to remove the front wheels but spray the back wheels while they were on the E, but then I realized I would have mismatched lugs.

Not only did it not cover really well per layer, but often times I actually didn't know where the spray was going. I settled on slightly longer, more consistent sprays.

The Spyders were a bit out of my skill level. I've made an effort to do as many mods as I can myself, but I didn't have the expertise, tools or time to weld on the rear bumper guard and I most certainly didn't have the expertise or time to solder/splice headlights. I'm fairly happy that besides those two, the mods have been mounted/done myself.

So, here's the end result. Minus plasti-dipping the front grille, which I didn't do while I did the wheels because I was only comfortable with the whole process after the 3rd coat on the wheels AND the grill looks like it has a ton of plastic clips to get through as well as two very awkwardly positioned screws, her exterior mods are fairly complete.

#2012 Ford Escape stock
#Blackhorse Grille Guard
#Blackhorse Taillight Guards
#Blackhorse Rear Bumper Guard
#Spyder Headlights
#Plasti-Dip Wheels
Last edited by Meatloafmountain on July 21st, 2017, 12:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Re: Spyder Headlights and Plasti-Dip wheels (Pic Heavy)

Postby Touringmike - March 10th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Looking good.

:thumb:
ImageImage
Touringmike

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: '11 Limited (gone) '19 EdgeST

Postby ExplorerTom - March 10th, 2014, 9:38 pm

First set of plasti-dipped wheels I like.
ExplorerTom

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: '06 Mariner & '12 Escape

Postby sevegas - March 11th, 2014, 7:11 am

Looks good! :thumb:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

- Lou Holtz

Window Tint
Pioneer FH-X700BT Stereo
Pioneer TS-G6844R Speakers
Stubby Antenna
Black interior trim
Seat Covers
KYB Rear Shocks
KYB Strut-Plus
Billet Grill
Moog Coil Springs
AVS Window Deflectors

Future:

Strut Tower Brace?
Painted Rims?
sevegas

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My nickname: Steve
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: The Escape

Postby FRENCHY - March 11th, 2014, 7:35 am

This E looks pretty good :thumb: well done :thumb:

Sounds like you dip your garage wall too :shades: :hyst: :thumb:
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby escape05xls - March 11th, 2014, 10:17 am

Looks really good! The guards bring me back to the Explorers in JP :) My first time seeing them....and falling in love with the look.
2015 Escape Titanium 2.0 EB AWD
escape05xls

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2015 Escape 2.0 EB AWD

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures