Escaping

Post your pictures here!

Escaping

Postby Meatloafmountain - February 10th, 2014, 9:26 pm

!
Moderator Message:
Consolodtated Whoops, The Alaskan Highway, ....Kayaking? and Escaping threads at request of Meatloafmountain - RobtRoma

The Alaskan Highway

These two are from the stretch of road between Fort Nelson and the Northern Rockies Lodge at Muncho Lake in British Columbia.

My E has been amazing. I went through some deep snow and almost got stuck, but a combination of the AWD, V6 and Michelin Xis got me out. It's been amazing at fuel economy - over 24 miles/gallon going through the mountains.

I'm now a believer.

#Blackhorse Grille Guard
Last edited by Meatloafmountain on August 2nd, 2017, 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: The Alaskan Highway

Postby cswanson8606 - February 10th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Beautiful scenery :)
cswanson8606

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2003 ford escape XLT

Postby RobtRoma - February 10th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Very cool pics. Glad your E is treating you so well :thumb:
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment...

ImageImageImage
RobtRoma
Super Moderator and E-C's 100,000th AND 200,000th Poster

E-C LEVEL 20
My nickname: Rob
My vehicle: 2002 XLT 4x4
My vehicle's name: The Mean Green Machine

Postby Jeff88 - February 10th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Glad your Escape is treating you the way a vehicle is supposed to! :play:

You better be careful, you might lose your E in the scenery! :lol:

You could always get a dunes flag!
Jeff88

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Jeff

Postby tang - February 10th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Relevant: http://goo.gl/maps/ms51R

Makes me want to go out there.

Bonus: try Streetview!

PM with wheel questions.
past, but still with the family: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Postby Meatloafmountain - February 10th, 2014, 10:54 pm

cswanson8606 wrote:Beautiful scenery :)

It's amazing. I almost feel like I'm already back in Alaska. It feels good to be so close to home after a year.

RobtRoma wrote:Very cool pics. Glad your E is treating you so well :thumb:

I'm thoroughly in love with my E after this. I'm not saying I've been crawling over rocks or anything, but it handles haphazard road conditions, like ice and snow with power, comfort and surety. I have proven to myself that I have picked the right vehicle for Alaska.

Jeff88 wrote:Glad your Escape is treating you the way a vehicle is supposed to! :play:

You better be careful, you might lose your E in the scenery! :lol:

You could always get a dunes flag!

I REALLY need to get some kind of orange flag to mark the radio antenna :lol:
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Off Roading Thread
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby tang - February 10th, 2014, 10:55 pm

So how often do you make the trip from one of the most Southern states to the most Northern?

PM with wheel questions.
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16

Postby Meatloafmountain - February 10th, 2014, 11:09 pm

tang wrote:So how often do you make the trip from one of the most Southern states to the most Northern?

I just happened to have the opportunity. My year of training finished in Little Rock, and after the wild bug to go drive to Alaska occurred to me it wouldn't go away.

Off Roading Thread
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby Meatloafmountain - February 10th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Also, my battery has started every morning. After two nights in Calgary (I was with friends) she almost didn't want to start and when I left my headlights on at a gas pump she struggled, but she has never failed to start.

Using the block heater has made a big difference. I used it for the first time at Dawson Creek and she cranked right up.

Off Roading Thread
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby tang - February 10th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Just from those two photos, I have this sudden urge to plan a month off and make the drive to and from Minneapolis (that specific section is part of the route)! I need a volunteer though.

PM with wheel questions.
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16

Next

Return to Pictures