My JDM Tribute ;)

Post your pictures here!

Re: My JDM Tribute ;)

Postby MadMax - April 30th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Linna wrote:I notice you're in PI. Since your Tribute is left hand drive, was it made in Taiwan or the USA?

"The Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri assembled Tribute for the North American market, alongside Ford Escape. The Mazda plant in Hofu, Japan and the Ford Lio Ho plant in Taiwan assembled Tribute for their respective markets."- Wikipedia
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Linna - April 30th, 2015, 7:55 pm

MadMax wrote:"The Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri assembled Tribute for the North American market, alongside Ford Escape. The Mazda plant in Hofu, Japan and the Ford Lio Ho plant in Taiwan assembled Tribute for their respective markets."- Wikipedia

After looking at this some more, I think this is a USA model that was exported to the Philippines. The front bumper on Taiwanese models is quite different.
Linna

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape 4WD

Postby MadMax - April 30th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Linna wrote:
MadMax wrote:"The Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri assembled Tribute for the North American market, alongside Ford Escape. The Mazda plant in Hofu, Japan and the Ford Lio Ho plant in Taiwan assembled Tribute for their respective markets."- Wikipedia

After looking at this some more, I think this is a USA model that was exported to the Philippines. The front bumper on Taiwanese models is quite different.

Good point, way different

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby drewverde - June 15th, 2015, 7:36 am

During 2004, our local dealership imported the units in Japan (CBU)
Same as our Skyactive Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 that are CBU Japan. [2015-2016 models]
"Function/Form"
drewverde

E-C LEVEL 1
My nickname: Drewdizm
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute
My vehicle's name: Envy

Postby Linna - June 21st, 2015, 11:03 am

drewverde wrote:During 2004, our local dealership imported the units in Japan (CBU)
Same as our Skyactive Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 that are CBU Japan. [2015-2016 models]

I noticed that your left hand drive Tribute matches other Philippine market models. Interesting that Mazda would also build LHD Tributes in Japan for export. Nice work there with the mods!
Linna

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby AhuraMazda04 - June 21st, 2015, 9:25 pm

Linna wrote:
drewverde wrote:During 2004, our local dealership imported the units in Japan (CBU)

I noticed that your left hand drive Tribute matches other Philippine market models. Interesting that Mazda would also build LHD Tributes in Japan for export. Nice work there with the mods!

Not completely sure but, I think any Tribute with a column shifter was built in the Hofu plant. :?
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Postby mazdahater - August 13th, 2015, 3:21 am

hey there became a member in this forum just to ask where i can buy this body kit. I just purchased a 2002 tribute but i cant find any parts. I have checked for weeks and nothing your tribute is really nice. Can you help me out. i read you purchased in Japan but what company makes it?
mazdahater

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Linna - August 16th, 2015, 12:06 pm

mazdahater wrote:hey there became a member in this forum just to ask where i can buy this body kit. I just purchased a 2002 tribute but i cant find any parts. I have checked for weeks and nothing your tribute is really nice. Can you help me out. i read you purchased in Japan but what company makes it?

I'd guess that in 2015, the parts have been out of production for a long time. I'm sure there are companies who could custom fabricate something if you're willing to spend the money.
Linna

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby Escape94 - August 16th, 2015, 7:32 pm

mazdahater wrote:hey there became a member in this forum just to ask where i can buy this body kit. I just purchased a 2002 tribute but i cant find any parts. I have checked for weeks and nothing your tribute is really nice. Can you help me out. i read you purchased in Japan but what company makes it?

PM the OP and ask. maybe its custom or maybe you'll be able to find one with a little searching. Hey they did make escape body kits for a while so who knows. Good luck!

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Postby MazdaShark - September 6th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Those headlights have me drooling. Did you just pull apart the outer glass and paint them?? Or some different technique?
MazdaShark
Banned User

E-C LEVEL 3

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures