Photobucket pulls the plug - Read it and weep

Post your pictures here!

Re: Photobucket pulls the plug - Read it and weep

Postby bangster - November 2nd, 2018, 9:30 am

So I went from using PhotoBucket to using Flickr. It was a company under the same umbrella for the one I work for, and had a 1TB limit.

It was sold to another company, and now the free version of Flickr will have a limit of 1000 photos. 50 bucks a year for "Pro" for more.

not sure what I am going to do with the 6000 images I have on Flickr, numerous posts and help articles with them referenced, etc.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Escape94 - November 20th, 2018, 7:43 am

Looks like this may have been reversed. Check my post in tailgate chat.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Postby Charles - December 29th, 2018, 7:19 am

Photobucket is making changes to their free accounts.

Important Changes to Free Photobucket Accounts

Effective January 15, 2019, all existing free accounts will be limited to 2.5GB regardless of prior storage limits. This means that If your account is over its available space, you will need to purchase one of our affordable premium plans or download images so that your account meets the new 2.5GB limit.

Soooooo, if you have a Photobucket account, be aware of these impending changes. :yes:
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Postby bangster - December 29th, 2018, 9:38 am

I finally had to break down and pay for Flickr. Photobucket was just too ad infested, and the ads were so annoying, the watermark also.

Of course as I did this the Flickr auto uploader and manual uploader app on the phone started crashing on me, sharing on Google at smaller sizes is what I should have done.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby Charles - January 29th, 2020, 12:44 pm

I got tired of all the email from Photobucket saying either:

a) Your storage is almost full

or

b) Your account is exceeding the bandwidth limit.

So, I have deleted my Photobucket account.

Since our Corporate Admins have changed how we can share images, Photobucket is no longer needed. :yes:
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Postby bluto - January 29th, 2020, 1:11 pm

They can't seem to make up their mind about how they want to screw everyone's photos. The blanket placeholder image that says "Bandwidth exceeded" on most images has been replaced with a blurry outline of each image with the photo bucket watermark. Like they are teasing you that the image is still there. And probably next they will come up with a subscription that allows you to view X number of images for a few $ per month or unlimited for a few more $. Ridiculous!

No one is going to pay to view forum posting images from 10 years ago... And no one in their right mind will use it for new forum posting images now that they play these games.
Current: 2008 Escape XLT
Previous: 2002 Tribute ES V6
bluto

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Previous

Return to Pictures