2005-2012 Throttle Issue

Official Ford recalls and TSBs!

Re: 2005-2012 Throttle Issue

Postby tang - March 20th, 2015, 12:19 pm

K270 wrote:It's been awhile since I've run a VHR. When I was talking to my insurance earlier about their discount mentioned above I saw this letter and it says it was updated on 3/19/15. Not sure if it was updated because I logged into my Sync account or if this recall came down today. Anybody else have any insight on this.

It's probably an auto generated letter, like the one I can print out if I want to buy my Focus lease.

PM with wheel questions.
past, but still with the family: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 16
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby K270 - March 20th, 2015, 3:09 pm

FordService wrote:
K270 wrote:Has this been moved up to a recall?

I received a letter today from my insurance company about a Drive Safe & Save discount. I signed up and had to run a vehicle health report. I just looked at the report and it shows and orange exclamation mark on the Recalls and Field Service Action. It says there are recalls for your 2012 Ford Escape at this time. Yet, when I click the area to expand the note it shows it's notice 13N03, Electronic Throttle Body Extended Coverage...

Hello K270,

Did you get a chance to check here, and see if any recalls apply to your vehicle? You can also contact your dealer to verify this information as well.

Tricia

When I enter my VIN, the same page comes up as when I'm logged into my Sync account. The field service action number (13N03) is the same number on the letter Ford sent out that extends the Warranty of the throttle body to 150,000 miles. That's why I was wondering if this had been bumped to a recall or if it's still just an extended warranty to 150,000 miles.

40% Tint Front Windows
Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna
Billet Grille upper and lower bumper
Ford Made Bug Shield
Ford Made Sun Roof Wind Deflector
Escape Decals bought off e-bay
K270

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: Wile E Scape

Postby StefieB23 - July 31st, 2015, 3:00 am

For the Canadians, I filed a Vehicle Defect Complaint to Transport Canada about my 2011. Not sure if there's a more appropriate site for this, but the more complaints about this issue, the more likely they'll recall it! (You'll need your VIN). Keep your repair receipts guys - and good luck! :thumb:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/ ... x?lang=eng
StefieB23

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: SUVY

Postby AhuraMazda04 - August 23rd, 2015, 2:17 am

Yeah mine is defective, It seems to beg my foot to floor it every time I come to a light and make the engine sing. Dealer says they don't cover it.... What happened to customer service? :violin:
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Postby Jkeith1991 - September 8th, 2015, 4:32 pm

taking mine to get checked tomorrow. it shut off on my wife while she was driving. wouldnt turn back on until the 4th try. dealership said its not an official recall but will cover it under an "extended warranty" given by the dealership free of charge.
2011 XLT Sport 4WD
Rage Motorsports Cargo Rack
K&N Filter
38mm Spacers
Cree Led Spot Lights
Jkeith1991

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: '11 Escape XLT SPORT 4x4

Postby FordService - September 15th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Jkeith1991 wrote:taking mine to get checked tomorrow. it shut off on my wife while she was driving. wouldnt turn back on until the 4th try. dealership said its not an official recall but will cover it under an "extended warranty" given by the dealership free of charge.

Were you able to head to the dealer Jkeith1991? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan
FordService
Yes, a real, verified Ford Customer Service Representative

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby backroad101 - September 15th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Had mine done today. P2111 code last Thurs, loss of power stuttering. Shut car off, back on. No change. Off/on again and fine but did not take chance. Back in garage and drove my other car. Googled P2111 then logged into my MyFord account and it showed the throttle body ext warranty under the recall and TSB section.

Dealership replaced throttle body at no cost. Also, when checking the fluids they say coolant was low enough they though a good idea to do a pressure test. Ended up my water pump was leaking at the weep hole. No fluid on my garage floor or any warning lights so glad they caught it. Water pump replaced under powertrain warranty.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby Jkeith1991 - September 17th, 2015, 7:14 pm

FordService wrote:
Jkeith1991 wrote:taking mine to get checked tomorrow. it shut off on my wife while she was driving. wouldnt turn back on until the 4th try. dealership said its not an official recall but will cover it under an "extended warranty" given by the dealership free of charge.

Were you able to head to the dealer Jkeith1991? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan

I was at 58k miles. They covered it under an extended warranty but before that their machine didn't even read the code. It read a bad PCM first so they replaced that and that was 175$. They said it was fixed but it shut right off on me again. I took it back and yelled at them. They hooked it up and it read the throttle issue. Supposed to take them 30 min. It took 2 1/2 hours. Apparently their machine won't read the throttle issue if their is a second bad code.
2011 XLT Sport 4WD
Rage Motorsports Cargo Rack
K&N Filter
38mm Spacers
Cree Led Spot Lights
Jkeith1991

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: '11 Escape XLT SPORT 4x4

Postby thebonster61 - September 30th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Hey Guys.
I did a research on my 05 Escape and turned up nothing so I'm blessed! But cautious none the less. For now, Onyx has a clean bill of health. She is coming up to her 100,000 miles and I am going to have it checked over to see if there are any issues such as timing belt and wot not. Hopefully you all are doing well. I hope that none of you have troubles with your Escapes....I really do enjoy driving mine. I well my boyfriend DID discover an issue with a wiring harness that a bolt wore a hole through and shorted out #5 cylinder coil. Needless to say he was NOT happy he says that it's a manufacturer oversight. What do you guys think about that? Let me know. But as far as the Throttle Issue, everything seems to be fine. Well all of you have a wonderful day!!!!

Bon
"Love your pets unconditionally, because they love YOU unconditionally!!"
thebonster61

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Bon
My vehicle: 2005 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: Onyx

Postby Blista - August 3rd, 2016, 8:57 am

I am having a throttle/lag issue intermittently that seemed like the transmission, I'm sure this is the issue. The Mariner has 103,000 and I found a "field service action" attached to my VIN on the Ford site. 13N03. Does this mean they will fix it even though it never threw a light on???

Just wondered.
Blista

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

PreviousNext

Return to Recalls and TSBs