Fuel Delivery Module Flange

Official Ford recalls and TSBs!

Re: Fuel Delivery Module Flange

Postby FRENCHY - January 3rd, 2019, 7:44 am

Done the recall last week and now this morning I have the long crank and the E don’t start at all.

Good info on this thread but what should I do this morning to have a car running?
Thanks

I don’t want to broke something else like the alternator.

Ok, towing is coming, I call Ford Before calling the towing, let’s see what happen next
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby FRENCHY - January 3rd, 2019, 9:58 am

the moral of this story: if you do not have the symptoms, do not do it! I did it because I got a second letter from Ford telling me to do it.

I did not have the symptoms so I should have listened to the little voice inside me telling me not to do it
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21

Postby MadMax - January 5th, 2019, 12:11 am

Yep, I regret the hassle of getting it replaced, but Ford will bug you to death until you get it done :cuss: It works fine after two trips to the dealer, just like it did before the recall. Did the dealer fix the issue, Frenchy?
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby FRENCHY - January 31st, 2019, 9:11 am

It was a disconnect wire at the pump.
So the pump didn’t work means no fuel at the engine

Now, sometimes when I push the gas pedal I have no acceleration for 1 sec or two, it happen once a week when I run slow about 20 kmh

FRENCHY

E-C LEVEL 21

Postby Dadrider - February 9th, 2019, 4:36 pm

How can I verify that this recall WAS done? We purchased a 2011 Escape at the end of December 2018.

Also who do I call or register with to get recalls sent to our address for our VIN?

Dadrider.
Dadrider

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - February 9th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Go to owner.ford.com and register and put in your VIN, good way to get information on your vehicle.

You can just input the VIN in a Ford or NHTSA site:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/ma ... calls.html
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

These just let you know about them, what are outstanding, and sometimes you can find ones that it had done.

The thing with this recall is that once it is done, more people have the issue that it was supposed to solve than had it to begin with.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby Dadrider - February 16th, 2019, 9:34 pm

bangster wrote:Go to owner.ford.com and register and put in your VIN, good way to get information on your vehicle.

You can just input the VIN in a Ford or NHTSA site:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/ma ... calls.html
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

These just let you know about them, what are outstanding, and sometimes you can find ones that it had done.

The thing with this recall is that once it is done, more people have the issue that it was supposed to solve than had it to begin with.

I went to the Ford Vin site, but it did not show up as being on the list. I went to a local dealer, they showed only that the extended warranty on the TB was current.

I went to the Ford Owners.com and initiated a service Chat. That was most helpful. The tech found that the TSB 16S41 was done in October of 2018. I have the symptoms of the same long start to crank that is described in the Supplement 3 of the TSB. There is a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty on the work.

I have the TSB and Supplement printed out, and will make an appointment to have the problem corrected.

Thanks for all the help with this.

Dadrider
Dadrider

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby amc742s - March 11th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Took my car two weeks ago to get the recall fix on my Ford Escape. Few days later my check engine came on. Last Friday I was at a stop light and my car died and then my battery light came on. My friend came and checked the battery and ect and he said everything seemed good on it so we had it towed to the Ford place that just "fixed" my recall. Monday they called and said it just started up fine for them, they put $10 of gas in it and test drove it and it was fine. That the fuel reading lever thing (don't know what it's called, don't care..) was just magically knocked out of place - had nothing at all to do with the recent recall fix. That they weren't going to refund my $65 towing fee and they were also going to charge me $60 to fix whatever they fixed today - since it wasn't related at all to the recent recall fix. He said I should get this liquid stuff to pour down my tank every so often so my wires don't get rusty... and that my battery cables were apparently lose too so he tightened them.. yada yada, wasn't there fault. So, I call BS but pay the money and leave. My tank when I left was showing the fuel low symbol and 21 miles to E. I went to put $20 of gas in my tank and was still 21 miles to E when I left the gas station. And it started to count down when I was driving.. not up. So, now I have to take the stupid thing back tomorrow (if it makes it there) to get checked once again. And in reading everyone's posts, it doesn't seem like this is something that isn't related to the recall fix. I ignored the first recall letter, but then received another one recently... looks like I should've probably ignored that one too. Dumb. 3 years and ZERO issues... until I decide to get the recall fixed.
amc742s

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Previous

Return to Recalls and TSBs